X pipe

DRAGUL

Established Member
Sorry for the long read as I have a few questions regarding exhaust systems. My current setup is a bbk offroad h pipe which has had high flow cats welded in. I have the 3" Mac cat back exhaust . I bought the car with this exhaust setup. Before I put the car away for the winter, I hit a rock in the road. Damaged one cat and muffler. Now looking to fix it. Will it make any difference going from 3" down to 2.5 or 2 1/4? Car was dyno tuned with current setup minus the cats, so I did not know if it will make a difference going smaller. Is there much of a difference between a H pipe over a X. I was looking at replacing my current damaged H pipe with the UPR high flow catted X. UPR quality? And then going with a Magnaflow cat back. Any opinions on this? Also wondering how bad the drone is on the magnaflow. The Mac I have now is terrible.

pbeechner

Established Member
Well, as for going from a 3" to a 2.5", you may actually gain a tiny bit of power since 3" is kind of too big for our stock engines. I wouldn't go as small as 2.25" though....

Users who are viewing this thread