X-pipe with chambered mufflers....

RioRed4v

Established Member
what do they sound like?

i want to try a set of mac's, flowmasters, or something or the such, but i heard they sound like shit.

i have the borla cat-back on my car right now, and its just a little to quiet for me.

the one thing i like about it though, is i get none of that mid-range rasp, or rattling sound like some x-piped systems get.

does anyone know if this would change with a chambered muffler?

are there any other mufflers that sound kickass on a dr. gas x-pipe?

i also dont like the awfule backpressure pop, so keep that in mind.

01cobrakid

Got DoHc?
Established Member
stick with what you got and defineatly dont get dynomax ultraflow catback/mufflers. If your getting rid of the borla catback let me know i might be interested.

Mike

RioRed4v

Established Member
i think i decided on spintech mufflers. not really a chambered design, but from what i have heard from sound clips and in person, they sound pretty good on dr. gas xpipes.

THE FLASH

"Mr. Sulu, Warp factor 3"
Established Member
I had flowmaster delta flow 2 chamber mufflers with the catted magnaflow catted x. All I can say is wow! I absolutely love the sound. Best combination on a cobra. It was extremely loud, but sounded good. No back poping with mine. Another guy in my club had the american thunder catback with the bassaini catted x-pipe sounded awesome with no back poping. You still had the flowmaster sound, it was just deeper in tone and not as high pitch like the h pipe is. It does get high pitched at 4-5k and low below 4k.

JC

Users who are viewing this thread