X-PIPE W/ STOCK CAT BACK

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
I'm considering getting the 01 x-pipe with cats but holding off on getting the cat back.

The reason is simply because I don't have the extra $600-700 for the catback yet and it sounds like the majority of hp gain is with the x pipe.

What are your thoughts on this idea. Eventually I would get a catback but it would be a month or two down the road. Also interested on your thoughts on the 01 x pipe. The reason for me going with that is also simple... my local Mustang tuner has them in stock and doesn't have the 03 systems (plus, they are also cheaper). Would it be wiser for me to wait and order the 03 units?

An dinally, do you think I'll notice much of a sound difference just by changing out the stock H pipe for the higher flowing x pipe.

THanks!

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
Originally posted by ygohome

An dinally, do you think I'll notice much of a sound difference just by changing out the stock H pipe for the higher flowing x pipe.

THanks! [/B]

my spelling needs some improvement...

should have been

"And Finally" not "An dinally"

Also, forgot to mention that I'm talking about the bassani exhaust.

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
I am doing your exact question. Purchased the bassani x pipe through the group purchase.
Will consider cat back later

anteros511

Established Member
Originally posted by ygohome
And finally, do you think I'll notice much of a sound difference just by changing out the stock H pipe for the higher flowing x pipe.

THanks!

Don't forget it's not only the X pipe, it's also the high-flow cats you'll be swapping in. I'm doing the same thing, either getting the x or the cat-back first, just not both at the $ame time!

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
I ordered my x pipe through the GP also..I already have a Catback.I will dyno my X pipe..It will be interesting to see what the x pipe adds with a catback already in place..
My guestamite is about 8rwhp..

Jim V.

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Originally posted by eddy z
Jim--how much did the cat back add to hp?

My catback gave me 18.8 Rwhp.I saw that a complete setup yielded 25rwhp.
If i done the x pipe first,the catback would of added less,but the x pipe would show more.(GET THE PICTURE)
Wondering if i got it :rollseyes
So i feel i have about 8rwhp to gain..Hopefully some TQE also.

Jim V. :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread