x pipe w/ cats, installed, review

eddy z

Established Member
i finally was able to install my recent purchuse from Full Throttle, group purchuse. Thanks again Christy for all of your help, ect...

I just installed the Bassani X pipe with cats, and left the stock cat back in place... I have yet to make any dyno runs and get sound bites. But here is my review:

the sound has become a bit deeper with a "cracking / popping" sound if you will.. a bit more throater.. still quiet and stelthy like of course, but a vast improvement from stock.. you notice it more when you hammer on it, rev it, down shift, and wind out the gears. At idle, same as stock for sound until you rev it up a bit.. The SC is a bit louder in a good way. It gives the sound of able to flow and exhale cleaner if you will..

improvement of the engines' exhaling is greatly noticed.. shifting gears is much smoother and tighter feeling ( not as tight of course as short throw shifter cound not improve upon)... getting out of first is smooth with no hestitation. Just instant. Boom, your in first and the wheels are spinning.. shifting into 2, 3, and 4. Vast improvement, on how smooth it is, again with no hestiation.. the tact moves a notch faster as well (both up and down). Again, a cleaner flow of exhale.

As known on these types of a setup low end torque is lost and noticed.. Prior, I was able at a rolling go at 20mph, then stand on it in first gear, and The tires would burn rubber with wheel hop, with no issues. Now, I can't. instead the car hestaigates then goes. Like bogs out first, then goes. But, here is the pay off, that makes up for this in two ways. First. A dead hole shot, the car grabs faster, and creates less tire spin. Secondly, at a rolling go at 25mph or greater in first gear, then stand on it. Its like a rocket. It screams. really screams, and goes strong. Big improvement. Mid range torgque is improved as prior advisement. The trade off is much postive vs. prior stock set up. I can trade for the wheel spin prio at 20 mph vs not with this improvment, in orde to gain the above mentioned items.

Lastly, second gear was always strong in this car. But now, its even stronger. More push, more power, and smoother shifting...

All and all, i am very please with this bolt on. I could only imagine what the Bassani or any other product cat back system would add to the over all performace and sound. Not to mention, improving the air intake( which I plan to do next). I am consdiering the cat back set up next.. Very please at the moment..

Users who are viewing this thread