x pipe that keeps side exhaust

nasa ser

Established Member
Anyone have one, know where I can get one?

magnaflow has a catback one I see, but I haven't seen a review or a you tube clip of how it sounds and how loud?

I see ARH has a longtube header setup that keeps side pipes with X pipe but not reviews or videos?

really think I want x pipe on my boss (and maybe headers) but I want to keep the side pipes and I don't want the car too loud, just want to add hp/change the sound

thanks

isrboss

Established Member
Anyone have one, know where I can get one?

magnaflow has a catback one I see, but I haven't seen a review or a you tube clip of how it sounds and how loud?

I see ARH has a longtube header setup that keeps side pipes with X pipe but not reviews or videos?

really think I want x pipe on my boss (and maybe headers) but I want to keep the side pipes and I don't want the car too loud, just want to add hp/change the sound

thanks

I pondered this, and went as far as making a diagram for a muffler shop to modify my FRPP x-pipe for the side pipes. It should be straight forward, take the car and x-pipe to a competent exhaust shop.

Then I realized how much I couldn't stand listening to those side pipes. I just put an x-pipe on and decided if I want to hear side pipes, all I need is 30 min and swap the stock H-pipe back on.

Good luck this route for an x-pipe with side pipes look pricey, unless you get it done yourself.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
Talking maybe a 1-2HP change? Nothing worth it. Sound....better be prepared for a raspier sound.

Else wise the above.

Posted via Topify using Android

darreng505

Established Member
Why not just get an H-pipe designed for side pipes. It's cheaper than trying to customize an X-pipe to do the same thing..

I have off-road H-pipe with rear GT500 mufflers and side pipes with electric cutouts. Then you can turn the side pipes on or off. The side pipes actually aren't _that_ raspy, but they do pop a lot, if you like that.

dmv091

Established Member
i have this set up trust me you will like it i had mine custom made pypes xipipe kooks sides and gen 2 over the axle with the roush axlebacks i get alot of complents on my car.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
i have this set up trust me you will like it i had mine custom made pypes xipipe kooks sides and gen 2 over the axle with the roush axlebacks i get alot of complents on my car.

O/R X + Roush axle backs is the worst sounding exhaust on these cars I have ever heard in my life. I say that having had that setup for a few months. It was off the moment I had the money put aside for different axle backs. Would have been off that day if I had another set of mufflers laying around.

dmv091

Established Member
i don't have the off road x on my car its catted sounds great with side pipes my car doesn't have the popping like a h pipe and sounds like a nascar at full throttle to each his own though. When i do long tubes and a cat delete your right the roush will probably be coming off.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
i don't have the off road x on my car its catted sounds great with side pipes my car doesn't have the popping like a h pipe and sounds like a nascar at full throttle to each his own though. When i do long tubes and a cat delete your right the roush will probably be coming off.

Ahhh ok then. With the cats the roush sounds pretty good. Hence the reason I purchased them at the time.

yeaaaaah when the cats come off, you'll quickly want something else.

Tho I will say, I preferred the roush with the H myself, but with a catted x still sound good.

Grant808

Established Member
I pondered this, and went as far as making a diagram for a muffler shop to modify my FRPP x-pipe for the side pipes. It should be straight forward, take the car and x-pipe to a competent exhaust shop.

I have the parts for the same plan...just haven't gotten around to doing it. The uncorked Boss H/sidepipes and GT500s out back are loud enough for me. And they pass the 105dB sound check at Laguna Seca.

Users who are viewing this thread