X-Pipe questions...

ArabianOak

Established Member
Just installed my JEGS cat deletes and I love them. I am getting ready to order some x-pipes that will fit right onto my jegs deletes and KEEP my side pipes...anything out there that will do all that?

If so please tell me where and links if possible...

2013Boss302

Established Member
image001.png

Magnaflow did all the prototype work on my 2013 Boss 302. The car gained 12 RWHP with 3 inch x pipe and catback. This kit will be released soon. The car sounds great with the x pipe. I get stopped all the time by people telling me how good the car sounds.
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?year=2013&make=Ford&model=Mustang&partnumber=15166

Last edited:

svt1111

Established Member
Is the car obnoxiously loud with no cats and side pipes?

I was thinking of having DMC racing fab up my side pipes onto my 3" off road X-pipe, but worried it might sound like crap ( too loud) however I could adjust the sound a little bit with restrictor plates. I do miss the crackle of the side pipes though, sounds like a regular GT without them.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Is the car obnoxiously loud with no cats and side pipes?

I was thinking of having DMC racing fab up my side pipes onto my 3" off road X-pipe, but worried it might sound like crap ( too loud) however I could adjust the sound a little bit with restrictor plates. I do miss the crackle of the side pipes though, sounds like a regular GT without them.

It's loud at WOT, but not too bad just cruising around town. The cat delete makes the car WAY LOUDER though and little fumey.

All I need is the X-pipe with side pipe option...that magnaflow system has that setup, but do they sell JUST the x-pipe?

svt1111

Established Member
I actually have a set of those Jeg's cat deletes sitting in my basement. I thought I might retain the stock H pipe and side pipes instead of the off road X pipe, but IMO ( not factual) I felt the 3" off road X would make more power over the cat delete/stock H pipe deal.

Would love to hear a sound clip/video of it. The fumes right next to my head didn't appeal to me either. Is it 'that bad'...speaking subjectively and all..?

65sohc

Established Member
Even with my stock exhaust when I run it hard sometimes I get some of the "burnt match" sulfur odor. I remember when my 94 Supra was catless. As I came to a stop the fumes would follow in my wake and after about 5 seconds engulf the car. It's funny that as a kid before cats I don't remember cars being particularly smelly.

2013Boss302

Established Member
It's loud at WOT, but not too bad just cruising around town. The cat delete makes the car WAY LOUDER though and little fumey.

All I need is the X-pipe with side pipe option...that magnaflow system has that setup, but do they sell JUST the x-pipe?

I am trying to get in contact with Magnaflow to get an answer to your question.

Boss949

Established Member
What about the MRT H pipe? It is a direct, no weld, bolt on fit for the Boss that keeps side pipes. The web site gives a comparison between X pipe and H pipe. You can buy the H pipe separately, and they make 2 models; performance and off road.

Check it out mrt-direct.com

or call Jason @734 455-5807

Last edited:

ArabianOak

Established Member
What about the MRT H pipe? It is a direct, no weld, bolt on fit for the Boss that keeps side pipes. The web site gives a comparison between X pipe and H pipe. You can buy the H pipe separately, and they make 2 models; performance and off road.

Check it out mrt-direct.com

or call Jason @734 455-5807

Those are nice BUT I already have the cat delete and just need the xpipe that retains the side pipes....there setup comes the cat delete already on the pipe.

legos_mustang

Established Member
Even with my stock exhaust when I run it hard sometimes I get some of the "burnt match" sulfur odor. I remember when my 94 Supra was catless. As I came to a stop the fumes would follow in my wake and after about 5 seconds engulf the car. It's funny that as a kid before cats I don't remember cars being particularly smelly.

I too don't remember it bothering me as a kid either... and my 74 Z-28's suspension was so bad and bottomed out so much that I was constantly loosing mufflers so I just ran straight open headers for the better part of a year.

Lego
Performance White #2351

06mach1

Established Member
Those are nice BUT I already have the cat delete and just need the xpipe that retains the side pipes....there setup comes the cat delete already on the pipe.

Here is the link to the MRT Boss H-pipe that does NOT have the cat deletes all ready installed.

MRT After-Cat H-Pipe™ for the 2011-2013 Boss 302 Mustang

I was thinking of going this route. I would install the aftermarket cat deletes when getting ready for the track and then re-install afterwards, leaving the MRT h-pipe on all the time. I need cats to pass our annual emissions inspection.

Dadz500

Established Member
Any reason to remove the cats other then to pick up a few HP? I know on my Roush's in the past and my Shelby's it was really needed to avoid them failing and causing real issues. IMO, the exhaust sounds so perfect with the plates removed and the track key it's hard for me to decide if it is worth it or not. Just the right volume, popping and burbling right now, but wouldn't mind picking up a catless H that works with the stock side exhaust and doesn't make it obnoxious, which by the sound of your video is appears that it remains somewhat tame and not obnoxious. I just prefer the sound of an H pipe to the X pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread