X pipe questions advice needed

CobraKraiger

Know Not Anxiety Or Fear
Established Member
i still have my car (99 cobra) 30 thousand miles in stock form i want to add an off-road x-pipe to my car i was wondering if anyone had any recomendations. i was leaning towards the bassani but i met 2 people at sac raceway with 03 cobras who both had them and were dissapointed mentioning they fit like crap and leaked. so now im wondering about the roush which sells for $219 or the bbk for $180. if u have any advice i would greatly appreciate it. i was also thinking about installing some electric cutouts they sound badass but i heard people suck valves with them, was wondering if there is any truth to this. once again any advice is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

duece

Established Member
I don't have a x pipe I have heard only good things about Bassani,magnaflow,and dr gas.The decision is are you wanting stainless steel or if that matters to you.The bassani and magnaflow offer stainless,while bassani bx series is aluminzed as well as Dr gas.YOU ever heard a car with cut outs?Not my cup of tea, I would go with a off road pipe and a good straight through catback if you want loud.By the way a stainless version x pipe will cost you over 320.00 and a good aluminized wil run 240.00 plus.Mac and bbk have had some fitment problems I beleive ,their is vrs and tons of options just do a search to see what problems peaple have had, hope you find what ya want....

moonltgold

Dr. Gas will make the most HP because it's closest to the engine -- quality is fair, maybe a little crude. For quality and design, I think SLP is probably the best -- they are relatively new for Mustang aftermarket business but have the quality and design. I have a Bassani (cut and weld) behind the stock cats, and also a modified Magnaflow H/X which I put back on after smogging, and the quality of both is very good. But the SLP (siamese) is the really the better design over any of the clamshell varieties and should produce better hp numbers.

Snakebitten01

Established Member
I currently have a Bassani O/R X with a Magnaflow catback and I love the sound. I wouldn't trade my Bassani for anything in the world now that I've seen how well it performs and sounds!

Users who are viewing this thread