X-Pipe Question

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I currently have a Magnaflow Catted X on my Cobra and want to go catless I really like the quality of the magnaflow piece has anyone ever went to an exhaust shop and had the cats cutt off and pipes welded in place? Or am I better off just to buy a O/R X say a UPR or Magnaflow? What are your opinions or experience? Would I need a retune if i go catless?

nycarpenter

Established Member
I tried in Ohio and was read the riot act by the shop owner. I went and sold my catted mid pipe and purchased an off road x from magnaflow.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Yeah I forgot about that I may have a place or two that would but I guess that would come down to a price difference vs buying a new one probaby I wonder what I could get around if I sold mine? BTW nycarpenter nice 10th you just picked up silver corrent? looks awesome.

nycarpenter

Established Member
Yes Silver thanks. The Off road x is $416 from performance peddler and you can have summit match it with free delivery if you choose. Your x with the cats needs a local buyer and if in excellent condition is worth around $300 in my world.

mach14604

Established Member
I tried in Ohio and was read the riot act by the shop owner. I went and sold my catted mid pipe and purchased an off road x from magnaflow.

+1
I tried this also with my Fox. I couldn't get anyone to touch it with a ten foot pole. The fine if the feds find out will basically close down the shop for good. Independent and commercial places wouldnt risk it.

sonic cobra

Established Member
I went with the Bassani 5 piece x pipe; comes with cats and flow tubes. I can removed the flow tubes and clamp in the cats whenever I want although I haven't wanted to yet.
My next NJ inspection isn't till March 2015 so no need to put the cats in before then

Users who are viewing this thread