X-Pipe question

Scourge05

Established Member
I'm looking at getting this Bassani x-pipe and was wondering if any of y'all have had any experience with it or have an opinion. So far, it's getting all good reviews (except the one random bad review.) One thing i do like about it is the option to swap between high-flow cats and off-road pipes. What do y'all think?

Here's the link:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/bassani-cat-xpipe-0509.html

Last edited:

ncpower08

Established Member
It is a good x pipe. I have ran it before with high flow cats. But the cats began to clog and where glowing red on the dyno. If you are going to run boost with more than 10lbs then I would not go with cats. But you won't pass inspection without a waver from the DMV. When I took the cats off I switched to a PIPES X pipe with no cats. Only because it was cheaper to be honest. Just be careful with the state inspection. Are you keeping your headers stock? If so I would switch to long tubes when you at it. I see that you are new to posting welcome to SVTP. If you have any questions this is the place to be.

Scourge05

Established Member
But the cats began to clog and where glowing red on the dyno. If you are going to run boost with more than 10lbs then I would not go with cats.

I'm not running any kind of boost right now so should I be good with these cats or do you think they may still have that same problem? And yes, for now I'm sticking with the stock manifolds.

ncpower08

Established Member
You should be fine using cats with no boost. Plus you won't have any inspection problems.

Bullitt1

Established Member
Pypes X pipe is the way to go! Unimaginable sound when paired with stock headers and pypes pipe bomb 3" mufflers.

I've got long tubes now and the car is under sconstruction but that X pipe is going back on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread