X-Pipe question

NJCOBRA10thA

Really thats my last mod.
Established Member
I have read about the X-Pipe and I think H-Pipe.

WTF are they? Also I have heard that X-Pipe will decrease torque. Is that a decrease below 390 or a decrease from what torque is with catback and CAI?

If I do Bassani CAI ,X-Pipe and CAI the consensus was about 35-40RWHP gain, but what would the torque be?

Thanks.

Dan
---
No one knows?

Last edited:

jordanvraptor

Established Member
X pipe and H pipe are the midpipe that has your catalytic converters on it. Connects the exhaust manifold to the mufflers/catback. Your stock midpipe is an H pipe with two cats on each side coming off the exhaust manifold. The difference between X and H is how they are shaped. One looks like an X and the other looks like an H. The different shapes blend the exhaust pulse differently. The X generally gives higher horsepower but gives up a bit of torque. The H makes a bit less horsepower than an X but has more torque. The X has a slightly higher pitch as far as sound goes whereas the H gives you that low musclecar rumble. They are both made with or without catalytic converters. An Off Road X or H pipe does not have cats and that makes it way noiser and because there is less restriction, it increases horsepower but does give up a bit of torque.

These are generalities but it is how I understand it. Please feel free to correct me if I am mistaken since that is how we learn.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

mustarrosa

Established Member
I have the Bassani headers-Xpipe-catback exhaust and for the money would not do it again. Way too expensive and I think you can get performance out of either X or H, sticking to a good and proven setup. Think of KOOKs and Hooker and a few others out there and compare and network to find out a good combo. I got minimal gains to these addons at the dyno but to have a muscle car. you have to get the sound...right?

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
ive got bbk ceramic coated long tubes with a bbk off road x...and ive heard the same car with the h and i personally like the sound a lot better on the x pipe...sounds more racier and bad ass...it still has a nice low rumble....but got....you hit 2500 rpms and it sounds like you just stepped on the gas...its nuts...

Users who are viewing this thread