x pipe on a 95

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Shouldn't be a problem! I bought a Bassani off road x-pipe for my '95 R and it bolted right up!:)

I believe, other than the 351 conversion headers, the rest of the exhaust system is standard '95 GT/Cobra. Which means it IS restrictive for the 5.8 liter. You will pick up some HP!:rolling:

95rcobra

Hey 95R Guys,
I just recently put on my 95R the Bassani X-pipe with cats (damn NJ) and the catback is the FRPP stainless steel system for the 95 cobra. the install was very easy and everything pretty much bolted in like the stock setup. that stock cat setup is very restrictive and weighs alot. It looks much better now under the R with the Stainless setup. This less restrictive exhaust system does add some power and the Bassani x-pipe really gives the exhaust a nice Nascar like exhaust tone. I like the setup alot. Later, 95rcobra.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Originally posted by thirdmach
thanks how does it sound with the stock cat back ?

Dunno? I replaced the cat-back w/ a Force2 Flowmaster kit at the same time I installed the x-pipe. The stock h-pipe is a breeze to swap out on these cars, but it was kind of a PITA to change the cat back being as I did NOT want to chop the muffler/tailpipe assembly. Ended up dropping the rear and sliding the pipes forward, over the axle.

I'm sure it would be a bit louder than stock though (off-road X and stock muffs). Prolly sound pretty good, but not as good as mine sounds!:D :coolman: :burnout:

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Originally posted by thirdmach
do you remember the part # and cost?

No, I have a disease called CRS. Ya know, Can't Remember Sh_t! :rollseyes I know it was a little pricey because it was stainless, but not too bad w/o cats. Personally, I wanted the stainless. It's been under my car for a couple years now and still looks brand new!:thumbsup:

Actually just make a couple phone calls and tell them you want an x-pipe for a '95 Cobra. Maybe even call Bassani direct. They'll get you a part #, but I don't think they'll sell you the pipe. You'll have to buy it from a shop that sells their stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread