X Pipe-Lost Torque

PKFIRE

Established Member
I replaced my blower and stock pipe. I'm making most my power up on the top of the RPM but I lost power and torque down low where it feels more fun on the street. Is this more attributed to the x pipe or V+ blower?

SeankySnake

Established Member
This is normal, once you add and off road X or H pipe you are freeing up back pressure and the loss of a few ftlbs of tq to go with it.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
you are NOT losing tq because of the xpipe unless it's catless. i've got a catted magn xpipe and a simple 2.76 upper only setup and my car makes 493 ft lbs to the wheel at 2800 rpms. massive street fun

the ported blower and catless midpipe is your culprit

SVTRocket

SVT Fan
Established Member
In addition to searching, you may find this information from Stiegemeier helpful...By the way, check you tune.

Does porting the blower cause torque loss?
No, all stage ports have peak torque gains of 10-20 ft #s depending on the stage. You should see equal HP & TQ gains at peak RPM's.

Why does my vehicle have less/more TQ than others?
There are a number of factors that can effect the peak TQ recorded on a dyno. You can lose or gain TQ due to your choice of exhaust system. The more free flowing your exhaust system is, you will lose TQ and gain HP. Biggest factor being your Cats. A car with stock cats or hi flo will see more TQ than a cat delete. A stock cat will hold more back pressure in the cylinder and increase your running compression which in turn builds more TQ at the cost of high rpm HP. Also peak TQ on bottom of the scale will read differently depending on rpm you start your dyno run at. If you start your run at 3000 rpm you will see more TQ than if you start your run at 2000 rpm.

Users who are viewing this thread