X-Pipe leak???

RiffRaff04

Established Member
Hey guys, just put on my new magnaflow x-pipe w/ cats today and am thinking that im hearing exhaust getting through on the drivers side where it connects to the header. I checked around the connector but couldnt feel anything comming out but when I hit about 1800-2200 RPM I swear im hearing something (no not the louder exhaust). Any ideas on how to be sure???:??:

fusion_ta66

Established Member
If you want to be sure, wait until the car is cooled down, get the front end up on ramps, and lay underneath the car. Put your hand right up where the driver's side manifold meets the x-pipe. Start the car. If it's leaking you'll feel it for sure. It won't get hot for about 15 seconds so you have plenty of time to remove your hand. I did this on my car.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Mine leaks no matter how tight I get it. Oh well, such is life.

fusion_ta66

Established Member
ITSTOCK:
Mine leaked from the driver's side no matter what too. If you are having the same problem, PM me and I'll tell you how I fixed it.

Joe

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
What headers are you running? I have the Bassini's and every two months it starts leaking at the same place. I tried double nutting it, but it just showed up again, so I think the studs are backing out. I am going to use some red locktite on the stud where it screws into the collector. I hope that fixes it for good.

Users who are viewing this thread