X Pipe Installed!!!!!!!!!!

cSoVbTr0a1

Established Member
My magnaflow x pipe was suppose to arrive at Dallas Mustang on tuesday so i call back today and ask them if it had arrived yet. It still hadent gotten there so DM calls magnaflow and magnaflow says they dont have any x pipes and it will be another 2 weeks plus 1 week to be shipped. So im real pissed off and end up canceling the order. Instead i got an o/r bassani and have 150 dollars store credit for my next mod. I get home and me and a freind install it. Started at about 6 and didnt finish untill about 9:30. I hope we did it right, how do i know if there are any leaks? I used a new ford gasket for the passenger side and tightened every bolt has tight as we could. Also when i get on it it feels like ive lost some torque when i first step on it, is this normal? The car smokes a little at idle dunno about when im driving it since i cant see back there. Is this just everything burning up inside the pipe or what. Just wanna make sure i did everything right. Thanks

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Shoulda called completeexhaust.com I called and ordered mine from them this afternoon, I already have a shipping number for it. Not that that does you any good now.

-From what you mention, it sounds like youve done everything right.
-What you lose on the bottom end should come back on the top end. The x-pipe will smoke and may stink at first because they are coated with a cosmolene (spelling?) type lube to help protect them. Once that burns off the exhaust smell will be more noticeable because of no cats but the smoke should go away. hth 2881

Users who are viewing this thread