x-pipe install help

JackisBack

Established Member
Decided to do the Bassani x-pipe at home :) . Should have taken it to the shop :cryying: . So much for the 30 minute install. The bolts on the passenger side at the manifold were horrible! I don't have experience with this so I need a little help before I bolt it all up tight. I bought the pipe used, in pieces, so no instructions.

There was a 2 inch loose flange piece in the box. The stock h-pipe didn't use this anywhere so I guess it is supposed to go inside the flange on the Bassani that attaches to the driver side manifold since it fits there perfectly. I don't quite understand the purpose of it instead of just making the pipe the correct size in the first place. Is this correct?

Next, the flange overhang of the bassani on the passenger side is about half that of the stock H. It is hard to realize when the pipe is correct sitting on the stock manifold opening. It can sit there in a million places while trying to tighten the bolts and seems like you could tighten it down while not fitting properly. I don't want to have to go back and do this again so do any of you have a tip on how you know when this is sitting correctly? I'll bet there is at least 1/4 inch lip on the h to fit properly there.

Thanks for the help.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Saw the shop start of from the Factory Manifold. Driver or Passanger side. Then came the X-pipe going to the Cat Back system. Sorry i dont have cats on so the last 2 tubes for each side D & P was up next. Had to push back the Cat Back a bit to get the Passenger side on.

It didnt look like it was a perfect fit to me either, till the dude manged.

Had to see it be done 1st so next time i know what to expect.

Good Luck.

JackisBack

Established Member
Turned out not to be an issue. That bolt was still tuf no matter which x-pipe you use. I love the sound. I hunt for buildings on both sides of the road to open it up thru to hear the echo! I'll post a sound clip soon.

gpribble

Established Member
you will definately need a medium sized 3/8 drive 15 mm socket and swivel. i install alot of the x-pipes at the dealership and can not do it with out those 2 tools on top of the extensions and wrench. you will also need a thin blade long screwdriver to disconnect the o2 sensors, a real pain on the ground- hope this helps;-)

Users who are viewing this thread