X-pipe install Help Needed Badly!!!

icehoc8

Established Member
I have a 99 Cobra Vert and I am trying to install a Bassani X-pipe w/cats. I have the four nuts off from where the H-pipe connects to the flow tubes, but am having trouble getting to the four bolts that connect to the headers. What did you guys do about removing those bolts? Do you need an extension for the Ratchet Wrench? Do you remove them by unbolting them from the engine compartment? I really need some help in trying to do this, because I want the experience and I don't want to pay a mechanic. Thanks in Advance ;)

WolfB

Established Member
Try a universal extension (the kind that turns all goofy ways) and a couple of 3 inch extensions,also alot of patience and get the car up as high as possiable.If the car has been driven in rain get some penetraiting spray on those nuts first.The best and fastest working brand I've found is Royal Purple.But any brand will work with time.Good Luck,have fun cause Life is Great.Wolfb

icehoc8

Established Member
What can I use to loosen the nuts? Is there a lub or something, and no WD-40 dosen't work? Those son of a bi*ches are on there good and Myself nor my dad has the strength to get them off. Thanks

scjmach1

Established Member
Mine were also on very tight. I used a long extension and then used a piece of pipe for an extension on the ratchet. The extra leverage made it easier to break the nuts loose.

Users who are viewing this thread