x pipe help

1997SVTSNAKE

Established Member
I just put in a bbk x pipe no cats and i have a mac cat back. The thing is loud. I like the loud part i just do like no cat sound(the popping). if i was to weld in two high flow cats would this help my problem.

xxxcobra

Factory Freak
Established Member
white98snake said:
it would help a lil but that combo will produce some pops either way

I agree, All BBK's I have heard pop X or H pipes.

allgo90

Established Member
Im thinking about going that route, i have a mac catback aswell. I think going with an H would fix your problem. Could you add a vid or soud clip of your exhaust so i could hear it?

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
I have a bbk o/r h with a mac cat back and it doesnt pop that bad at all only when its cold. :beer:

simpsvt97

"SNAKE"
Established Member
i got a bassani x-pipe...i carried it to take off the front 2 cats that the guy had left on..and when it did...it popped like crazy and sounded bad...carried it back and put 2 high flow cats on...solved my problem...i got 2 Magnaflow high flow cats and it sounds good and deep..just like i like it...just put 2 high flow cats and youll prob. will be solved

98QuadCam

Established Member
all exhaust pops even stock. You just cant hear it because it is quiet. So the less restriction you have the louder it is goin to be. And it only happens when you down shift so if you are annoyed pop it in neutral and use your brakes. That is what i do because the pop annoys me.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
I had bbk lt's, bbk o/r x and a mac catback on my car. Was super duper loud and raspy, so i switched to a magnaflow catback. the sound is raw as hell!!!! if u want to cure the pop either switch to a o/r H pipe, or get a diff catback.

u n v kenny

Established Member
1997SVTSNAKE said:
I just put in a bbk x pipe no cats and i have a mac cat back. The thing is loud. I like the loud part i just do like no cat sound(the popping). if i was to weld in two high flow cats would this help my problem.

The BBK was aka to me the "bubble pipe" because of the popping/bubbly sound. I changed to a UPR x and that solved the problem right away. I also put on Magna's and it gave my cobra a not so loud inside, but nice and meaty outside.

Users who are viewing this thread