X-Pipe Ground Clearance ?s

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member
I have an SLP Catted x-pipe and it hangs so low that it scrapes on just about everything, i have H&R race springs but i have the MM spring isos so its not like my car is slammed, i'm constantly under it fixing exhaust leaks and i hate it! My question is which O/R x-pipe has the most ground clearance or tucks up underneath the car the best?

Thanks in Advance Guys!!:beer:

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
I have a UPR x-pipe and it doesnt hang much lower than the stock H-pipe

Me too - hangs down a little, and you might get scrapage here and there, but it fits nicely.

Of course, my car is not lowered..so..... :shrug:

antiv6

Established Member
slp is the worst, the cats scrape on everything, any midpipe you get will be an improvement. If you dont have cats and midpipe should fit without scraping

jt239

Established Member
I got the SLP and it scrapes bad! I'm lowered but not that much. I saw a thread a while back where someone on here had a section cut out and welded back together. Pics had it tucked up there nice afterwards...I may try to have that done or get a bassani or magnaflow w/cats.

I hate to get rid of it cause I love the sound of my exhaust and I dont want it to change significantly. Does anybody know which X-pipe fits the best as far as ground clearance between the magnaflow or bassani?

Last edited:

jt239

Established Member
I'm gonna have mine worked on by a custom exhaust guy. I dont want to drop $400-$600 on another catted x. I'll post before and after pics if anybody is interested.

Last edited:

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member
just ordered the upr o/r pipe the slp one will be for sale as soon as it comes off, if for some reason anyone wants one cheap

venomous99

Established Member
yeah dont let upr prices discourage u...theyre cheap cuz they're aluminized pipes/not SS but theyre worth the money. the fit is as best as they come.

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member
as long as it fits tight that all i care about i think i can deal w/ the aluminized stuff if it fits right, besides whats the point of having a nice ss peice if its just gonna get all f#$ked up draggin on the ground

jt239

Established Member
as long as it fits tight that all i care about i think i can deal w/ the aluminized stuff if it fits right, besides whats the point of having a nice ss peice if its just gonna get all f# up draggin on the ground
Good point!

I got mine back today after having a guy cut it up a bit. Looks like I got about 3/4" more ground clearance so I'm pretty happy. Plus he welded the cats on and removed the shitty clamps. I can tell a difference in the sound as I think they were leaking before.

Cost me $120 so I am happy. I like the sound of the SLP and I didnt want to risk not being happy with another x-pipe. And drop the xtra cash!

Here is a pic of the cat after the cut/weld job. Approx 2.5" of clearance now on the drivers side cat which hangs lower. Alot more room on pass side.
After.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread