x pipe gasket questions

333arod333

SVT Disciple
Established Member
ok so i got my mac headers and off road xpipe in the mail. today. pretty shitty as the headers were cracked and then welded back together. i could post a pic but it would b a waste, the headers are trash and mac needs to send me new ones.

anyway, the xpipe didnt come with any sort of gasket to fit with headers or with cat-back exhaust. was i supposed to order these on the side? i got one with the head gasket set from rock auto but its for factory manifold and i think it is a little rectangular in shape and wont work.

whats the deal with this? are there no gaskets? use RTV?

Last edited:

333arod333

SVT Disciple
Established Member
So i think im an idiot and they just bolt together. it seems u need a factory oem gasket for passenger side oem manifold bc it is flat at the flange connection instead of having a sort-of half-cone leading out and into the x-pipe. the drivers side didnt even have a gasket upon removal and is consistent in design the with the headers i.e. neither drivers side oem manifold nor after market headers use exhaust flange gaskets.

am i right, SVT gods?

Termilvr

Established Member
I don't have Mac headers but if it is a ball and socket connection like the mid pipe to catback connection there is no need for gaskets

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread