x-pipe and California

03Cobra_Poison

Established Member
When i was inquiring about a hi-flow x-pipe at JBA the other day, the sales guy said that they dont sell them because they are illegal in california. Is this true? I see lots of you guys from cali with them in.

Maybe he thought i meant offroad versus hiflow.

Any information would be appreciated. I wanted to add the x-pipe when i got my headers.

03Cobra_Poison

Established Member
So i guess i have to get them shipped to an out of state family member then have them ship it to me. I hope an xpipe with cats doesnt involve a weld.

AMB

Established Member
X PIPE and CALIFORNIA

It is illegal to remove ANY EMISSIONS related item untill the warranty is over. If anything goes bad FORD has to replace it under warranty. You MAY at your owen risk replace it if you have a MOD frendly FORD dealer.

AMB

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
Any speed shop in CA can sell the o/r x-pipe for "off road use only", what you do with it after you buy it is up to you....maybe they thought you were from the EPA. :bash:

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
Just run an x pipe anyways, get some MILs, and call it a day. Weld up some fake cats like I have done to mine so you look legal. That is all.. Takes an hour to swap pipes back and forth. just my 2 cents

Users who are viewing this thread