X-pipe affect sound?

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
So i have been set on an UPR o/r x-pipe becuase, its $159. i also figured its just tubing connecting to the catback, which i think is the main thing to affect the true sound of a car. but my cousin keeps telling me that the UPR x-pipe is shit and its bascially going to make my car sound like shit, no matter what CB i have. so im wondering, does it really affect it? is it worth like 300 or so to buy a good name brand mid-pipe? bassani, etc. thanks.

Cold Brew

Established Member
upr is a popular xpipe. what catback do you have to go with it?

Lances03GT

Has a Cobra now
Established Member
Personally I like the sound of a catted X pipe better.Alot less raspy than the O/R pipe.I'm on my 2nd (GT & Cobra)Magnaflow X pipe and love it.

SICKBOY

Established Member
your cousin is dense..my roommate has a bassani and I have a UPR sound identical....He's Running Stingers to My LM1 and it's Farking loud both on 04 cobra's

Last edited:

NateV8

Established Member
.n0b. said:
my cousin keeps telling me that the UPR x-pipe is shit and its bascially going to make my car sound like shit, no matter what CB i have.

Your cousin is wrong, I had the UPR orx pipe with a couple different catbacks and i love how it sounds.

SICKBOY

Established Member
that fugger is straight mean bit of rasp when you jump off the pedal but it sounds sick

Users who are viewing this thread