X-member bolt sizes

Stitch

Established Member
I picked up the Ford X-member (03 style) to replace our crappy stock one. I need the bolts to attach it to the differential mount though. What size bolts do I need?

Stitch

Established Member
green99_svt said:
use the stock diff mount bolts.

There are none. Maybe I'm confused. The x-member mounts to the IRS frame and the front mounts mount to the differential under the pinion nose. Its a perfect match so i know that's the spot but there are no bolts. Just the nuts welded on.

edit, I've attached a pic. The red arrow is pointing to the original piece. The green arrow is pointing to where the 03 X member mounts to the differential. I have no bolts, just the nuts welded on to a piece below the pinion nose.

00irs.jpg

Last edited:

green99_svt

Established Member
Stitch said:
There are none. Maybe I'm confused. The x-member mounts to the IRS frame and the front mounts mount to the differential under the pinion nose. Its a perfect match so i know that's the spot but there are no bolts. Just the nuts welded on.

there is nuts welded to the xmember? my brace just had holde that the stock bolts pass though. i just took off the old one, pulled the diff mount bolts and put the new one in its place using the stock hardware.

Stitch

Established Member
green99_svt said:
there is nuts welded to the xmember? my brace just had holde that the stock bolts pass though. i just took off the old one, pulled the diff mount bolts and put the new one in its place using the stock hardware.

backwards, the nuts were welded to the spot where the x-member would mount to. but no bolts.

green99_svt

Established Member
remove the nuts from the bottom of the diff they come off that nut may be welded to he washer but the bolt drops in from the top and the nut goes up from the bottom

Users who are viewing this thread