X/A Plan??

FastCobra

Established Member
Ok Guys, Im on my way to getting me my White 03 real soon! Now whats the deal with the A-Plan and X-Plan I keep hearing about?? The one dealer here in Florida wants 7500 over MSRP so Im lookiing elsewhere for now. I cant wait to aquire this beast and start owning the streets---for the most part!:D

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Fast,
You are going to have a HARD time finding a cobra for x/a plan at this point unless you get it in Detroit area. I called almost every dealer in the state of FL and actually had a hard time getting msrp. I think msrp will still be a good deal until maybe spring 03, when supply starts catching up with the demand. Then again once everyone see's the results ppl are getting with bolt-ons demand might not go down at all;-) I know a place in jax that might still offer msrp and SVT-Teamleader might be able to help ya if your in s fl.

jason

Vader

Established Member
This is my first post, new guy here! My dad has a '99 Vette and hopefully I'll get myself a '03 Cobra next spring/summer so I can take him on. :-D My place of work gives me the xplan priveledge. I figured the dealerships will start opening the doors for xplanners next year. I'd wait anyways since winter is just 4 months away. But it all else fails I'd be happy with an '01 Cobra. I'm sure the wife would be happy with the cheaper price. :p

Last edited:

HRSPOWR

Established Member
Looking to special order an '03 (DSG coupe, no spoiler) for delivery in Dec/Jan, hopefully on X-plan. Would be willing to drive it back to L.A. from a reasonable distance (say, 750-1000 miles) if no L.A. dealerships will do it. Without going into what dealers will / won't do it within that radius of L.A., here's something I've always wondered...

X-plan pricing aside, on a special order, what costs does a dealership incur in taking delivery of the car and holding it waiting for me to pick it up? I'll probably arrange my own financing, but maybe not if that makes a difference. In other words, exactly what is the above car and process going to cost the dealer?

I understand a dealership is in business to make money, but in any negotiation I like to know what the other party's final costs are, taking into account any holdbacks, incentives, etc. That way I can tell the dealer with confidence "Hey, you're making $x for doing "y". Take the money." This assumes that by next year the demand for these things has dropped to the point where the dealer can't immediately assume he's going to get MSRP or more for their entire allocation (I'm thinking this will happen).

Given the above scenario, thoughts?

Thanks!

BocaCobra

Established Member
Hey Fast.....Ford dealer in Lake Worth, Florida has a White 03 Cobra on the lot RIGHT now for MSRP - Saturday I was calling around for the hell of it seeing what dealers were getting and they have one for MSRP - Its in Lake Worth and I believe its Wayne Akers Ford.

FastCobra

Established Member
Yea guys, I live in the panhandle of Florida--Ft.Walton Beach! I will not pay over sticker for it for sure--if I have to wait a few months then I will. The dealer over in pensacola had a White 03 and a Black Vert!, but I didnt drive it cause we were in a bit of a hurry. I may go back there this weekend and test drive it and ask what there Final price is? This is the dealer that has the 7500 markup!

qball

Established Member
I found about 10 dealers through FL,GA,AL,and MS that all have 03's on the lot for MSRP....

just took a little bit of calling around

Q

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Try the dealership in Tallahasse(sp?). They said they only do msrp. They are only getting 3 i think? Talk to Horace Copeland.

jason

qball

Established Member
Originally posted by 2thman
Try the dealership in Tallahasse(sp?). They said they only do msrp. They are only getting 3 i think? Talk to Horace Copeland.

jason

sorry I hate tallahassee ford they ****ed me on my 01 L. dinged a rim and wouldn't replace it

Users who are viewing this thread