WTT My Maximum Motorsports Coilovers For Drag Drag Suspension

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
First things first... I've got a solid so it needs to be for a SRA. I know that a shitload of Terminator owners have got SRA's though so that's why I'm posting this in here. :D

I'm looking to trade someone that's looking to get rid of their drag suspension for coilovers all the way around. This is what I've got...

Maximum Motorsports Front Coilovers with 350lb. Hypercoil Springs
Maximum Motorsports Rear Coilovers with 250lb. Hypercoil Springs

The rears are currently on my car, but the fronts are brand new and still in the box. Also, I've got 200lb. Hypercoil Springs as well that will go with the coilovers.

I've also got a PSR Tubular K-Member and PSR Tubular A-Arms so I'll need some sort of coilover for the front. Let me know what you've got!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I've got some 175 lb, 12 inch springs for the front end if you want them cheap.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
There are guys that cut 1.5 60ft times on stock suspension.

yeap...thats some GOOOD track prep!!!

if u really want to install a drag sispension Sir Riccus...start with struts/shocks. adjustables are the way to go for sue. tokico, strange, qa1...people run all of these and they are pretty similar with the exception of material and the tokico illumina's are 5 way not 10 way.

strange has their own coil over sleeves...

qa1 does too???

mm has kits for tokico's

i have tokico illuminas up front w/ mm coil over kit and 14" 175# springs. cut a 1.47 yesterday on the lil ol eaton...

suspension and tires....suspension and tires....biggest things in drag racing. without those you have a 13 second car running 130mph

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
yeap...thats some GOOOD track prep!!!

if u really want to install a drag sispension Sir Riccus...start with struts/shocks. adjustables are the way to go for sue. tokico, strange, qa1...people run all of these and they are pretty similar with the exception of material and the tokico illumina's are 5 way not 10 way.

strange has their own coil over sleeves...

qa1 does too???

mm has kits for tokico's

i have tokico illuminas up front w/ mm coil over kit and 14" 175# springs. cut a 1.47 yesterday on the lil ol eaton...

suspension and tires....suspension and tires....biggest things in drag racing. without those you have a 13 second car running 130mph

I was thinking that same thing. I've been dealing with someone here on SVTP and I think that I'm going to buy his Lakewood 90/10's Struts and Lakewood 50/50 Shocks with the MMR Coilover Sleeves for the front and rear. The only thing that they're missing is the adjustability. So my question to you is just how important is adjustability?

I intend on making my Cobra pretty much strictly a straight line drag whore and I only drive it on weekends so I'm not really concerned with the streetability of the setup.

I want to cut 60fts. like you as consistently as possible. Help me! LOL

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I was thinking that same thing. I've been dealing with someone here on SVTP and I think that I'm going to buy his Lakewood 90/10's Struts and Lakewood 50/50 Shocks with the MMR Coilover Sleeves for the front and rear. The only thing that they're missing is the adjustability. So my question to you is just how important is adjustability?

I intend on making my Cobra pretty much strictly a straight line drag whore and I only drive it on weekends so I'm not really concerned with the streetability of the setup.

I want to cut 60fts. like you as consistently as possible. Help me! LOL

well Larry (F8LSNAKE) uses 90/10s up front but adjustables out back and cuts 1.4s but he has a lil better weight tranfer imo with the aluminum block.

what kind of power do you make?

every car is different...90/10s and 50/50s is a pretty generic setup and alot of people are fine with that. but when I put my car on setting 5 out back (ame as 50/50s) it doesnt like it. my best 60 yesterday was on setting 3. my car like to squat a little more to transfer the weight better

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
well Larry (F8LSNAKE) uses 90/10s up front but adjustables out back and cuts 1.4s but he has a lil better weight tranfer imo with the aluminum block.

what kind of power do you make?

every car is different...90/10s and 50/50s is a pretty generic setup and alot of people are fine with that. but when I put my car on setting 5 out back (ame as 50/50s) it doesnt like it. my best 60 yesterday was on setting 3. my car like to squat a little more to transfer the weight better

I make 589 RWHP/527 RWTQ. I should be making considerably more in the next few weeks though. I'm installing my LT's with 4psi more for the Whipple for a new street tune. That's when the PSR Tubular K-Member/A-Arms go on as well.

I definitely intend on doing a battery relocation kit as well to assist with the weight transfer.

What kind of rear shocks do you think I should go with?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I make 589 RWHP/527 RWTQ. I should be making considerably more in the next few weeks though. I'm installing my LT's with 4psi more for the Whipple for a new street tune. That's when the PSR Tubular K-Member/A-Arms go on as well.

I definitely intend on doing a battery relocation kit as well to assist with the weight transfer.

What kind of rear shocks do you think I should go with?

imo...Id go adjustable if you want the best performance. just single adjustables like I posted above. if your going to stay coil over out back i think tokico/koni/qa1 (not sure on strange) all have setups. I dont know anything about them because I had coil overs out back at the beginning of this year and I couldnt get below a 1.50. I just think with them being BEHIND the axle hurts the tranfer at least on my car. but it works for some people.

but them you look at 7, 8, 9 sec cars and under them most of the time is stock style suspension with springs.

Id do some research and decide on that first.

you cant go wrong with the strange units...only like $100 for the front struts each.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
imo...Id go adjustable if you want the best performance. just single adjustables like I posted above. if your going to stay coil over out back i think tokico/koni/qa1 (not sure on strange) all have setups. I dont know anything about them because I had coil overs out back at the beginning of this year and I couldnt get below a 1.50. I just think with them being BEHIND the axle hurts the tranfer at least on my car. but it works for some people.

but them you look at 7, 8, 9 sec cars and under them most of the time is stock style suspension with springs.

Id do some research and decide on that first.

you cant go wrong with the strange units...only like $100 for the front struts each.

Thanks for the heads up, bro. I appreciate the advice and I'll definitely take it into consideration.

Users who are viewing this thread