WTS/T: 2003 Black F1a Procharged Mach 1 5.1 Big Bore, 775rwhp

UrbanKnight

Hard Core Car Whore
Established Member
WTS/T: 2003 Black F1a Procharged Mach 1 5.1 stroker, 775rwhp NOW $20k!!!!

Part of me can’t believe I’m doing this, and part of me is screaming run run while its all together and perfect before you break it!, LOL. After having this car in the shop for 9 months after popping my previous motor driving back from steeda stampede, just not sure I have this car vibe anymore…. Very weird feeling I must say.

Kesatie Motorsports in Sarasota, FL just completed all of this work, motor/tranny and rear end are literally brand new, I replaced the ENTIRE driveline … I have close to 40k in this build. But I know how the mod game works … As the car sits currently, it needs nothing other than driven. I built it to retain all creature comforts AC, power steering etc. You can drive this car to walmart and grocery shop (although lots of people break their necks trying to figure out what the hell this car is… It sounds like a 747 taxi’ing down the runway, it is LOUD. Make no mistake, you are not sneaking anywhere in this car.

Currently dyno’d at 773/683 on pump gas . I have the meth kit running, but I did not add timing with the meth. It makes those numbers on straight 93. The meth I have for safety. You could definitely wick it up higher if you wanted to.

I'll try not to leave anything out :)
Looking for $25k and thats firm NOW $20K!!!!!!!

As for trades: definitely consider most anything, just try me.. Up or down, even etc.. Would like a new 5.0, gt500, z06, 911, evo, sti etc etc...
03 Black Mach1 (AKA Leroy)

Motor/blower: (700 miles on the setup thus far, was all installed at 26,300, Currently just rolled 27k)
5.1 Big Bore Teksid Block
Kellog Crank 3.8 Stroke
Race prepped KMJ/Eagle Forged Steel H Beam Connecting Rods with ARP Hardware
Probe Industries Sportsman Race Series Forged Aluminum Pistons Rod Journals Moved to that of a Small Journal Chevy

Cobra 9 thread heads, Heads-Ported and Polished:
Custom ground blower cam
In .474 lift ex .474 lift {@ the valve}
In Duration {adv} 262 Ex {s6s}
Dur @ .050 is 214 214
Intake opens @ -7 bdtc
intake closes @ 41 ABDC
Ex opens @ 41 BBDC
EX closes @ -7 ATDC
Lobe sep angle 114

Cut/ported and polished lower intake by ModularSpeed (AKA Kelly at Livernois)

Custom oil catch can separator- AN fittings welded to the Valve covers.

Blower:
F1A Procharger w/a rare 5.73:1 step-up ratio Intercooled, freshly rebuilt(same time as motor)
House of Boost dedicated Bracket setup- Single belt just for blower, rest of accessories run on standard serpentine.
Reichard Racing 3.90 Pulley
Slot style 05 HPX MAF
Diablo Mafia MAF extender
Treadstone Intercooler(TRV259)
Big Red bypass valve
Cooling Mist Stage 2 Trunk Mount Methanol System- Running on Snow Performance Boost Juice
Twin Spal Slim Fans
Accell Coils(brand new as of 27,000 miles

Tranny: (also all fresh as of 700 miles ago) Most amazing clutch/shift experience I ever had!
T56 Magnum
Fidanza aluminum flywheel
McLeod RXT twin disk clutch
Steeda double hook clutch quadrant
B+M Shifter with Tri ax handle
Fiore firewall adjuster
Custom Shortened Aluminum Dynatech Drive shaft
Driveshaft Loop
Quicktime blowproof bell

Fuel:
80# racetronix flow matched injectors
½” FORE Fuel Rails
Lethal Performance/Fore Precision Dual Walbro In tank return style setup (their whole return style package)Aeromotive FPR and such.
03/04 cobra baffled tank

Exhaust:
Bassani ¾ headers and o/r mid pipe
Borla Stingers cat back

Rearend:
3.73's
31 spline Moser axles,
MM lower control arms, Steeda Uppers, welded torque boxes, and welded axle tubes
TA Girdle
Brand new (200 mile, detriot tru trac)

Suspension:
Maximum motorsports K member and A arms
MM Front Coilover kit with 350# springs
Brand New MM Caster camber plates
Brembo Cobra R front brake kit
SLP line lock wired to cruise control- Nice and stealth….
Maximum Motorsports Rear Coilovers in Rear 250#
Steeda Big front Sway bar with Steeda aluminum swaybar brackets
CHE Rear Shock tower brace

Wheels:
18x9 Roush Chrome with 285/35/18 Michelin PS2’s (were brand new) in the front
18x10 Roush Chrome with 305/35/18 Mickey ET Streets in rear (running 1” hubcentric spacer in the rear)
Have brand new 315 R888’s as well (not mounted, will include for extra $$)

Exterior:
Relatively stock
Added a Black 03 cobra trunk (real Ford, not aftermarket)
Black 01 Cobra Nose (real Ford, not aftermarket)
Tinted tails

Interior:
SOS Dual Gauge Pillar with dual Aeroforce Interceptor gauges
Raptor shift light mounted on SOS pillar
Instrument Cluster Gauge holder with Cooling Mist’s Boost/meth controller gauge and Oil Pressure
Steeda shift knob
Custom Mach 1 Rear Seat Delete- Imprinted leather with the Mach 1 logo
Custom illuminated “Leroy” name badge in place of the factory coin holder
Has N2MB WOT box- All programmed, no lift shift and two step

Issues:
1. Oil pressure gauge is calibrated wrong (it’s the Aeroforce sender, it reads 120ish psi when it should be reading 30-40. Haven’t talked to aerforce to figure out what needs to happen to correct this
2. It has the occasional Mach 1 stall… When you roll up to a stop, like most mach’s I’ve played with, it will sometimes stall. Not a big deal, but annoying.
3. It has 1 small nick in the lip of the hood, one bb sized ding in the left rear quarter, one scratch in the right rear quarter by the taillight, and the 03 cobra trunk has the standard issue cracked brake light on the right side.
4. Front tires are 285’s/// This is really too big for the front, and they have rubbed the fender liner prior to its current alignment, so the fender liners are a bit ragged.

Pics:
The entire album can be viewed here:
03 Mach 1 pictures by UrbanKnight_photos - Photobucket

Video of it running:
UrbanKnight's Mach F1a Idle, rev and walkaround - YouTube

IMG_2980.jpg

IMG_2982.jpg

IMG_2984.jpg

IMG_2985.jpg

IMG_2986.jpg

IMG_2987.jpg

IMG_2988.jpg

IMG_2989.jpg

IMG_2992.jpg

IMG_2994.jpg

Last edited:

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
Great looking car. You mind if I ask where you got the screen for the blower from? I'm looking for something like that for my car. Thanks and GLWS

My2003Mach1

Established Member
NIce looking car .. nice read ...

are you running 93 pump with meth?

I was going to run the same "screen' on my F1-A but the fear of snatching up something in the f1-a made me put one of those robbing air filters on :)

Good Luck With Your Sale.... If your selling it.. I didn't see a price :)

My2003Mach1

Established Member
Whoops. My bad on the copy and paste. Fixed!

It's a procharger race screen

And yes. 93 pump with meth

GREAT build Urban LOTS of mods.. excellent price giving the car away eh?lol

Who did your tune? I travel to n from Connecticut to Florida trailing my car .. I have a place in Melbourne.. I want to take my car to blow by racing...
They seem to know how to tune the meth!

Very nice looking car....

PS wondering if you'd like to give that plate up? I'm registering my Mach in Florida :) I have a Florida plate reg to me now ... but not active:) LMK... I got cash LOL

Last edited:

UrbanKnight

Hard Core Car Whore
Established Member
Tune and break in/dyno/custom fab work was all done by Matt at Kesatie Motorsports. I posted a thread on a Florida board with exactly what I wanted done to the car. Most shops either tune only, or didn't want the magnitude of work done that I wanted done. Matt said, no problem, he even came and picked the car up. His shop is 3.5 hrs from me.. I could t be happier, especially with all the snags we hit... The HOB procharger bRacket setup was a bucket of fun.....

And if the car sells, I'd give up the plate...

My2003Mach1

Established Member
Tune and break in/dyno/custom fab work was all done by Matt at Kesatie Motorsports. I posted a thread on a Florida board with exactly what I wanted done to the car. Most shops either tune only, or didn't want the magnitude of work done that I wanted done. Matt said, no problem, he even came and picked the car up. His shop is 3.5 hrs from me.. I could t be happier, especially with all the snags we hit... The HOB procharger bRacket setup was a bucket of fun.....

And if the car sells, I'd give up the plate...

Name is Jon TEXT me anytime .. 860-777-8978 .. I have my Mach listed here too... I know it won't sell which is fine.. ( people rather look, rather buy a stang undone for 12k then take the long way like we did.. If they only knew ) lol

I hope to talk to you ... I was going to go "cog" but decided it be too tuff on the car being stick...

I'm going to play with a few diffrent pulley combinations... I have a 10% over drive ... 3.4 on the F1-A now .. but I think a 3.55 or 3.70 would be good... I also have a 3.85 that i got 22 lbs boost out off with the last engine.. but i want 24 to 26 lbs :)

UrbanKnight

Hard Core Car Whore
Established Member
Name is Jon TEXT me anytime .. 860-777-8978 .. I have my Mach listed here too... I know it won't sell which is fine.. ( people rather look, rather buy a stang undone for 12k then take the long way like we did.. If they only knew ) lol

I hope to talk to you ... I was going to go "cog" but decided it be too tuff on the car being stick...

I'm going to play with a few diffrent pulley combinations... I have a 10% over drive ... 3.4 on the F1-A now .. but I think a 3.55 or 3.70 would be good... I also have a 3.85 that i got 22 lbs boost out off with the last engine.. but i want 24 to 26 lbs :)

I debated COG, but it is brutal for a car you want to be daily driver compatible... I am hitting 24-25#'s now with a 3.9 RR pulley...

SWEET set up.... :beer: GLWS ...Any vid's of the dyno ???

I didn;t get any of the first dyno, but fortunately, there is another fun dyno day this coming weekend that I should be participating in, so I'll try to get a vid of that...

UrbanKnight

Hard Core Car Whore
Established Member
should be alittle more specific on "trades".

I really meant what I said on trades in my ad. If someone wants To trade a 1983 Honda hatch with 400,000 miles plus 24,750 in cash. I'm good with it. Or you have a 30k car/truck etc and want this car plus 5k.. Done.. As long as we come to terms On trade value, I'll trade it.

Users who are viewing this thread