WTF Vortech?

Bullitt3011

Established Member
So i just bought a vortech v3 blower for my bullitt and the damn thing kept slipping the belt off the supercharger pulley. So I took it to my closest tuner (GTR) and revealed that I had forgot to put a small spacer between the s/c bracket and the timing cover. After they put the spacer in the correct place they dyno'd it and came up with 324 rwhp, I forgot to ask about the rwtq number. But still noticed that the belt was slipping, then saw that vortech had given me the wrong plastic smooth idler for my year mustang. So I asked why my numbers were so low and was it because of the belt slipping.. and they said no but that vortech must have given me a really conservative chip? So Im wondering if anyone with a 2v mustang has dyno'd similar numbers to mine, because i feel like my car should be definately in the 350-360 rwhp range... :fm:

Bullitt3011

Established Member
My brother had an 00 gt with a V3 on it and with the vortech tune put down about 370-380rwhp I believe and on the dyno tune from Fastlane he put down 388rwhp on a fairly conservative tune.

Exactly and I have the better intake than the gt, do you think that the belt slipping during the dyno runs could have made it have low numbers?

Wildcard

Established Member
They all slip a little. If your belt is falling completely then get that fixed, but you always have to get a custom tune. If vortech sent you the wrong part then call them up and get the right one. They're cool, and that should not be a problem. Most people just use the out of the box tune while they wait for their tuning appointment. So make an appointment with a tuner and get your new numbers.

Bullitt3011

Established Member
They all slip a little. If your belt is falling completely then get that fixed, but you always have to get a custom tune. If vortech sent you the wrong part then call them up and get the right one. They're cool, and that should not be a problem. Most people just use the out of the box tune while they wait for their tuning appointment. So make an appointment with a tuner and get your new numbers.

It's the tune. Get it custom tuned

Yeah I guess I'm just going to set a date to get a custom tune.. you would think that vortech would send a decent tune for spending in the $3500-4000 range.:shrug:

Ghost50

Established Member
Yeah I guess I'm just going to set a date to get a custom tune.. you would think that vortech would send a decent tune for spending in the $3500-4000 range.:shrug:

the tune vortech sends is to keep the motor alive and not make the most power.... they send the tune that is on the rich side with low timing... they do this so you having a drivable car that makes safe power...... to make the most power from that set up it needs to logged on the dyno and tuned by a experienced tuner... when I had my 2v I spent a lot more then 4k on my blower setup and still had it dyno tuned

Stanger00

Established Member
Fix the pulley and get a custom tune. Those canned tunes are just good enough to get you to a dyno for a custom tune.

Stanger00

Established Member
is that after a tune?????

Can you read or have any comprehension skills?

The OP said this is the dyno sheet and he going to schedule a dyno tune. No one in this thread cares that your car made 400hp or whatever it was with your 2 valve...

The OP just needs a custom tune and to fix the pulley so he makes more than 7psi. With 8 psi he should be in the 360-370hp range.

Last edited:

SNK-BITE

Established Member
Not apples to apples but I made well into the 600's with a T trim on a built 2v. Your numbers are decent for the amount of boost you are running. I dont know what your other mods are but you've add 80+ hp with very little boost. Like stated above get a good tune and pulley that blower down.

Side note... I ended up with a built engine because I laid into it on the way to get the air fuel checked on the tune that vortech sent me. Needless to say the tune was no good.

Bullitt3011

Established Member
Not apples to apples but I made well into the 600's with a T trim on a built 2v. Your numbers are decent for the amount of boost you are running. I dont know what your other mods are but you've add 80+ hp with very little boost. Like stated above get a good tune and pulley that blower down.

Side note... I ended up with a built engine because I laid into it on the way to get the air fuel checked on the tune that vortech sent me. Needless to say the tune was no good.

Yeah I'm taking it easy on the car right now until i get the dyno tune.. don't want to risk it

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Yeah I'm taking it easy on the car right now until i get the dyno tune.. don't want to risk it

When your ready let gonzalo know. He can set it up for ricardo and Bob Kurgan to custom tune it and you will get some awesome results and great drive-ability. Those factory tunes from Vortech and other SC companies are very conservative. You have a Bullitt so you will see better numbers than regular GT's.

CJ04GT

04 Oxford White Mach 1
Established Member
Can you read or have any comprehension skills?

The OP said this is the dyno sheet and he going to schedule a dyno tune. No one in this thread cares that your car made 400hp or whatever it was with your 2 valve...

The OP just needs a custom tune and to fix the pulley so he makes more than 7psi. With 8 psi he should be in the 360-370hp range.

Sorry I skimmed through this again. Are you butthurt?

CJ04GT

04 Oxford White Mach 1
Established Member
When your ready let gonzalo know. He can set it up for ricardo and Bob Kurgan to custom tune it and you will get some awesome results and great drive-ability. Those factory tunes from Vortech and other SC companies are very conservative. You have a Bullitt so you will see better numbers than regular GT's.

I second bob kurgan he tuned my GT on a safe tune that perfomed.

Users who are viewing this thread