WTF? svt rental

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
what the hell!!!!!!! I took my car in last monday to get a new supercharger belt and idler pulleys to get rid of a squeeky pulley and to replace the rear end for the halfshaft click. I still havent gotten it back yet. I got the free rental since my bronco is a gas guzzler. I have been driving a mazda 6 for the time and I get a call today from the dealer. They tell me it wont be done till wed. And tell me that svt only covers the rental for 2 days and I'm gonna have to pay the rest. Now I have read thru EVERYTHING and no where does it say that. I tried to call svt to ask them but it was too late. And how come I have never heard of this till now? They didn't charge me when they had my svt focus for 4 days. Does anyone no the truth behind this? :cuss:

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
I think its diffrent from every dealer the first time I took my Cobra in they gave me a 2005 Mustang v6 and I had it for 3 days NO charge on anything. The second time I brought my Cobra in to a diffrent dealer they gave me a focus and charged me for the gas I used. Some dealers will give you the car as long as the warranty work is being done (Which is what they should do and my good dealer does) and others will be dicks and try and low ball you. You can MAKE them give you the car for the whole time just gatta take to the manager,

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I've had an SVT rental over the weekend once with no problems. I pay for the gas, but that's it. From what I understand, if the car is in for warranty work, you get a rental until your is ready for pick up.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
Thats what I was told just gotta put gas in it and I'm good. No cost. :shrug: I will cal svt tommorrow and have them call the dealer and have them shove it in thier a$$e$

magstang1

C'mon say it man RAMROD!
Established Member
I've had a rental car for almost a month straight. You pay gas. Ford pays for every cent of the rental for as long as it takes as long as the repairs are covered under warranty.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
When I had mine in the shop for the passenger side seat adjustment that the dealer botched up (did wrong seat, ended up taking 2 days) I was dropped off at hertz with an explanation that ford covers $25 a day. At the time I was under 25 and had to pay the underage (under 25) fee of $5 a day for a focus. SVT basicly told me to shove it over the phone as well.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
If you have the SVT Mustang Cobra supplement to the owner's manual [the thin book] check out pages 3 and 4. "SVT Premium Service" sounds good when it says: "complimentary loaner vehicle when your car is in for service" but there is an asterisk. Page 4 includes: "At participating dealers only" and "See your dealer for details".

Be calm and see what SVT suggests when you call them. You should get a complimentary loaner for as long as they have your car. Switch dealers if the first one plays games with you.

TenthScale

Established Member
Had no problems with my loaner when I had to get a new steering rack.. They had on-site rental department though.. Just paid for gas with is understandable.

TK Doom

Established Member
My car has been in the shop since Thursday...

Have a loaner...on Friday when they couldn't fix it, they said keep the car for the weekend. This is the 2nd car I've bought there, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

mustang mike 93

Jet mechanic
Established Member
Doesn't SVT have the same rental program as Lincoln? My wife worked at a dealership and SVT owners always got more expensive rentals.

cobracory

Established Member
I think the SVT and Lincoln programs are similar. I think they'll wash the Lincoln too.

I have always received a rental when I have taken my Cobra in for service.
And on the work order it mentions the rental is free and there's a code with SVT in it.

A few months ago I brought in my daily driver, to the same dealership, and they also covered a rental for me. I bought and service both cars at this dealership, so they are nice to me. :)

But, as it says in the manual (SVT supplement), at participating dealerships.
I guess it is always up to the dealership to honour it. Although, I would expect a SVT dealer to 100% honour it for the entire time.

edit.. as others have said, I just pay the gas usage when I have a rental.

03DSGSVT

Established Member
Everytime I've had my SVT vehicles in for service, I've recieved a "free" loaner, and it never mattered how long I had it...
Usually a Focus, but hey it's transportation I suppose.

I go to a dealer here in Scottsdale that provides me a "free" loaner even when I bring in my Superduty... Last time I had an 05" F-150 quad cab to drive...!
I think it definitely depends on the dealer. All of the Ford dealers here seem to be going to on-site rental companies (Budget I think), so customer service is better...

*BTW, I put free in quotes since you have to cover tax, and gas only...

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
called svt and they said the rental covered till its done. They called the dealer and said wtf was you thinkin.

Bluedot_26

This Space For Rent
Established Member
Now that that's cleared up ... make sure when you get your car back that they perform the complimentary wash and vacuum ... also part of the SVT premium service.

2004BlackCobra

Established Member
Bluedot_26 said:
Now that that's cleared up ... make sure when you get your car back that they perform the complimentary wash and vacuum ... also part of the SVT premium service.

I specifically told them to not wash my car about three seperate times. I don't want them messing with it any more than they have to and I don't want swirl marks from them not using microfiber towels. But that is just me. :beer:

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
Im on the 2nd week of having a Loaner and was told it might be 3 weeks before my car is ready for pickup. They put me in a brand new Ford 500 and all I have to do is keep putting gas in it..

B.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
ZOSO said:
called svt and they said the rental covered till its done. They called the dealer and said wtf was you thinkin.
Good for you!! :beer:

The sad thing is that a lot of people don't have a forum like this to voice their complaint and end up giving in to the dealer. I'll tell ya one thing. I wouldn't buy another car from that dealer. Believe me, they KNOW the rental policy. They just tried to pull a fast one IMO. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread