WTF Ford?!

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
So it happened in 17, we are less than a month into production of the 18 and guess what...CF and BL material hold, again. Now I see that CF is going to be an option on the Mustang. Wonder if Ford actually talked to the supplier to make sure they can meet demand unlike the Raptor.

Zemedici

Established Member
so why not order without those things and simply add in aftermarket options after you receive the truck?? Assuming they are options and not standard features (I have not ordered a new Raptor, so just guessing) :D

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I've seen guys ordering the carbon interior parts directly from Ford and putting them in. There's plenty of good options for aftermarket wheels instead of the factory BLs.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
so why not order without those things and simply add in aftermarket options after you receive the truck?? Assuming they are options and not standard features (I have not ordered a new Raptor, so just guessing) :D
Yes they are options. There is no aftermarket solution to the door panel piece as far as I'm aware. Each door panel is $450-600. That doesn't even cover the other piece's and it's only a $995 option from the factory.

Regardless of that. For the 17 a lot of people had to remove that option to receive their trucks. I would have hoped Ford would learn of the market demand to ramp up supply. Doesn't seem to be the case.
I've seen guys ordering the carbon interior parts directly from Ford and putting them in. There's plenty of good options for aftermarket wheels instead of the factory BLs.
Forged B/L capable wheels for a reasonable price?

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
Yeah, it's a complete pain in the ASS to try and get them all from other sources, as well. I'm currently in pursuit of that since I wanted the CF option, but I wanted my truck more. lol. And it'll cost you about double to piece it all together after you have the truck.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Yes they are options. There is no aftermarket solution to the door panel piece as far as I'm aware. Each door panel is $450-600. That doesn't even cover the other piece's and it's only a $995 option from the factory.

Regardless of that. For the 17 a lot of people had to remove that option to receive their trucks. I would have hoped Ford would learn of the market demand to ramp up supply. Doesn't seem to be the case.
Forged B/L capable wheels for a reasonable price?

Method Race Wheels are that wheel.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.to...i-went-14-miles-rim-alone-win-rally-stage?amp
A4E1CA01-C444-4DCF-8BB4-BCFC1D4C3EC5.JPG

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
for the $50k price tag fully optioned ud think they mite thro in the CF stuff for free.... smh

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
Not enough to risk rocking a true BL on the road. Regardless, I won't be able to find 5 forged wheels for the $1300 I will pay.

Meh. Lots of guys actually replace their stock forged rims almost immediately. I'm on a Gen II FaceBook group and there's always rims for sale for less than that.

Users who are viewing this thread