wtf.. am i missing something??

mattb21

Established Member
So a couple weeks ago I brought my car to get the back window tinted. They messed up so I brought it back two days ago to get it fixed. My car started just fine up until they had it the second time. I went to get in it after they got done fixing the tint and the battery was dead. So I just figured "oh they must of left something on while the did the tint and killed the battery." But now my battery just drains in a matter of seconds after the car has been running for a good 20+ minutes. I literally sat in my driveway with the key in the on position without the car running and watched the battery gauge go from directly in the center to basically all the way to the left.

Basically, my question is could the battery have died in a matter of 5 hours when they had the car? Or is something not right here?

Last edited:

Iluvatar

Txyaloo scares me
Established Member
Leaving the door open leaves the interior lights on. My guess is your battery was already weak and that just drained it the rest of the way. Are you saying you put a new battery in and it still drains in 20 mins or are you still talking about the old dead battery?

mattb21

Established Member
Leaving the door open leaves the interior lights on. My guess is your battery was already weak and that just drained it the rest of the way. Are you saying you put a new battery in and it still drains in 20 mins or are you still talking about the old dead battery?

Its still the old battery. I sat in my car and watched the gauge go from good to bad in about 45 seconds, if that.

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
Your battery's probably dead. Did you check how much water is in the battery?

mattb21

Established Member
It's a self maintenance battery. Battery's really go dead from about 10 AM about to 3PM? That seems really weird especially if they had to start it to drive it to go around to the shop door, then re-drive it around back the the customer lot and in a matter of minutes after they dropped it off in the parking lot, the battery goes all shitty.

MrBrain

Corner carver
Established Member
Seems like you had it coming, a dead battery is a dead battery. Nobodys fault.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
take the battery to Autozone, they will check it to see if it's bad. Start there and have parts checked till you find the cause. They won't take electrical parts back once they have been installed.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
yep...sounds like what happened to mine...one day it good to go and the next it was dead as hell

time for a new battery man. Also have them check your ALT while your there

mattb21

Established Member
Turned out to be the battery.. It just seems weird. I've never seen a battery go from good to bad in a matter of a few hours before.

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
^ well technically thats not what happened. your battery has probably been going bad for some time and now that it didnt have the power to start the car you finally noticed it.

Users who are viewing this thread