WTB: Push pins for plastic radiator cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

97StangSVT

Established Member
Looking to buy 2 new or mint push pins for the plastic radiator cover shield. They have a phillips screw head on them. I believe they may have changed the design, so I am looking for the original ones for the 2004 cobra.

Joe

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
subbing for knowledge because I need these exact same things! I have had one of those little plastic hood prop clips in there for years now and just haven't gotten around to finding the original type clips to reinstall the cover piece.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
I would go to your local auto parts store. I tried ordering them from Tousley and going to my local Ford dealer and the ones they had were not the right size(they were to big). I even took one of my originals with for them to match it. I then went to my local auto parts store and they had a whole bin full of different ones. I just matched them up with one of my originals that I took with. I forgot how much they were but were fairly cheap.

SVT5.4L

Established Member
Latemodelrestoration.com I ordered some from there last week!

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member

97StangSVT

Established Member
The screw looks right and the "washer" part at the top of the pin looks right, but the length of the pin looks shorter than the one on eBay.

20140107_162426_zpsuxnakkad.jpg

Last edited:

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Yep those are the little bastards. I just fill the hole with super glue and a broken piece of pencil nowadays. God I hate those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread