WTB: LT Headers $400-$600 range.

'03GTinFLA

Established Member
I'm looking for Stainless Power or something similar. 7/8ths or 3/4ths. No Ebay cheapo's or BBK. I missed out on those kooks LT's a couple of weeks ago and it's killing me. Anyways, let me know what you have.
Thanks,
Steve

nosscort

Established Member
Just a fyi the bbk are one of the better fitting Long tubes and they are in your price range for new and offer them in 1 7/8 - 1 3/4

'03GTinFLA

Established Member
I hear what you're saying about BBK but I had a set back in the day and had a lot of issues with them. Call me gun shy but it is what it is.
I looked into the kooks knock offs and if I recall correctly, some people were saying they sounded odd. I think it was tiney or truck like and when switched to the real thing it was improved. It's Internet talk so take it for what it's worth but I don't want to do headers twice. How do yours sound? Have you had any other mustangs with LTs or friends with LTs to compare?
Either way, thanks for the input fellas. I appreciate it.

'03GTinFLA

Established Member
I dont' see the JBA's on their website either or any headers actually.
TubroX2 - I would do SP's and I asked beef about them via PM but when I asked what headers alone were, he stopped responding. I have an MRT boss h pipe with kooks side pipes and electric cutouts. I don't want to lose them. I'm planning on taking it to a shop and having them do what they need to do to make the headers fit to my existing system. That's why I'm trying to save a few bucks buying used headers.

TurboX2

Established Member
I'm stuck too.... Not willing to pay ~$1500 for headers and catted x so I'm stuck trying to decide whether to pay ~$1000 for new Stainless Power/BBK/Pypes/etc.. that are made in China or not quite top tier performance/quality or wait to hopefully find used Kooks/ARH/Dynatech.... I've been tempted by the cheap stuff on ebay too, had OBX on my F150 and the built quality was very good (welds looked perfect, but low grade stainless surface rusted), but not sure I want to take a chance with this car with much tighter fitment...

Looks like you get get the SP headers only for $599...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-14-For...iter_Display:5.0L&hash=item35d7eb391e&vxp=mtr

'03GTinFLA

Established Member
I hear ya. Keep on the forum classifieds. Check the boss specific ones too. I picked up those kooks side pipes for like $300 and the cutouts were $150 cause he scraped up the bottom of it bottoming out. The MRT boss Hpipe I found on here for like $300 shipped. Can't beat 1/2 priced or lower. There are deals out there, just gotta be quick.
Those SP's look good enough for me. I just hope to find a used set and save a little more. If not I'll end up buying them new.
Thanks again.

Speedwagon

Established Member
I'm looking for Stainless Power or something similar. 7/8ths or 3/4ths. No Ebay cheapo's or BBK. I missed out on those kooks LT's a couple of weeks ago and it's killing me. Anyways, let me know what you have.
Thanks,
Steve

$400-600 range ... Are you looking for only one side... Which side are you looking for left or right?? :)

'03GTinFLA

Established Member
$400-600 range ... Are you looking for only one side... Which side are you looking for left or right?? :)
I guess If I was looking for only one side, I would have specified which one huh? I'm asking for exactly what I asked for. Like I said there was a set of used kooks for $5 something plus shipping. I was a couple hours late on that one and missed out. Used stainless power would be great, even new they are in my price range but I like finding a good deal. The eBay cheapie require bending or a hammer mod to fit properly. There are a ton of used quality headers in my specified price range but you have to be quick on the draw. So I figured if I posted a wanted add with my specified price range, maybe I wouldn't miss out on the next deal here.

Users who are viewing this thread