WTB: GT40 Cobra Iron heads

sn95prcar

Established Member
I am looking for GT40 Iron heads from 93-95 Cobra or Lightning Only.

Must have "smog/thermactor holes" So NO Explorer heads or "P" heads please.

If you have a set you not using, let me know and the price.

Thanks

BossJPW

Hello,
I have 2 sets of new GT40 iron heads, these are the 93 cobra/lightning.
1 set is factory original and the other set has been ported slightly and the valve were changed to 1.94/1.60 and manley springs.

Send me an email if you are still looking for a set. [email protected]

bossman302

Banned
why not run 96 GT-40 Heads, they will pass emissions as well. I know the valve springs have to be upgraded, but they are cheaper and easier to find.

427Lightning

Established Member
I have a set of heads off a 97 truck, they are getting better springs for the roller cam on my spare motor that I use for smog. They have air ports in the back. My plan is to open the ports to match the lower GT 40 intake and open the exhaust. If your interested I live in NorCal, other wise they will stay on my spare motor. I come down to SoCal evrey year for the Knott's show.

427Lightning

Established Member
I got the heads back $271 got me new retainers, keepers and milled for the triple springs, I paid $100.00 for the heads. The one head had a broken intake stud I drilled it out( not pretty). I still plan on opening up the ports.

sn95prcar

Established Member
I got the heads back $271 got me new retainers, keepers and milled for the triple springs, I paid $100.00 for the heads. The one head had a broken intake stud I drilled it out( not pretty). I still plan on opening up the ports.

When all done, let me know :)

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
I have a set of GT40 heads off a 94 cobra motor, motor was in perfect working order when removed from car. Only issue is 2 of the intake bolts broke on the heads so they have to be drilled out. If you want them $280 and they're yours, the heads are still on the motor.

Users who are viewing this thread