WTB - FRPP CNC Heads.

bigdog8b

Established Member
WTB a set of CNC Ported FRPP Heads, part #M-6049-464P.
Please let me know if you have a set for sale or trade.
I have a nice set of low mileage 04 Cobra Heads if you want to trade and I may end up just having these ported.

Better yet, convince me the factory 04 Heads are more than sufficient and will make plenty of power and porting is not worth the money. Are cams a better choice than head porting? I don't want to run in excess of 24 psi of boost. At what rwhp does porting come into play, 800+ rwhp?

Thanks for the help.

Michael Belcher

Established Member
I have a complete good set of DB casting 9 thread heads for sale that would be perfect for porting.. Foxlake racing said a stage 2 port new springs seals a fresh valve job a complete disassembling and cleaning would be 2500.

GodStang

Established Member
If I remember correctly aren't they just the late run 05 heads ported by Roush and then sold as a new head? I cant remember it has been years. Unless you go Ford GT head porting normal 03-04s will get you in the same ball park if you cant find those.

bigdog8b

Established Member
I know they were sold under the FRPP umbrella and have Ford Racing on the side, not sure if they subbed out the porting on these. There was a batch a while back of 05's that were sent out to Roush, those were standard production run DC. There was a for sale post on a batch a while back, would take a set of those too.

Cobraflyer

Established Member
IMG_5105.JPG
IMG_5097.JPG

IMG_5092.JPG

I know it's a year old post, but I have a set of 100% brand new, never bolted on an engine, fully assembled (no cams), 5-axis CNC-ported, Stage 2 Livernois Racing, factory Ford heads still in their boxes. They cost me $4145 to my door (have receipt). I'll let them go for $3500 plus shipping. They are late model 2007 left and right 9-thread castings. Pricey, I know, but crazy good.

Attachments

• IMG_5100.JPG
    IMG_5100.JPG
    203.5 KB · Views: 394

SVTDice

Established Member
Well, feel free to message me. I can shed some insight on cams + ported heads. They go hand and hand together. The more power you make, The more you will see results with ported heads. I Also have a few sets of DB 9 thread heads around. But that's not exactly what you're looking for. GL!

bigdog8b

Established Member
I'm sure Ford sold plenty of the heads, so I'm surprised there's not several sets around not being used. Hopefully a set will pop up soon. Tks

99s351

View attachment 1491453 View attachment 1491451
View attachment 1491450
I know it's a year old post, but I have a set of 100% brand new, never bolted on an engine, fully assembled (no cams), 5-axis CNC-ported, Stage 2 Livernois Racing, factory Ford heads still in their boxes. They cost me $4145 to my door (have receipt). I'll let them go for $3500 plus shipping. They are late model 2007 left and right 9-thread castings. Pricey, I know, but crazy good.

You still have these?

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
I actually picked up a never been used brand new set of DC casting Roush ported heads a few months back. So they are out there.

Users who are viewing this thread