WTB Factory 93 CD Player

sm1993svtblk

Established Member
I'm looking for a factory CD player to put back into my car and get rid of my Alpine CD that came in it. Let me know if anyone has one in good working shape they would like to sell. I can either paypal or send a Postal Money Order. Thanks for the help.

Scott
[email protected]

Tank5879

Established Member
those are long gone....you may have better luck with one from a later vehicle...I had one from a 98 SVT contour in mine...you could hardly notice the difference (I think they may be slightly different) evrything plugged right in, I think the only thing I had to do was switch part of the casing with the one from my factory cassette to make it slide in/hang properly....its tough to remember...it was like 3 years ago or so I did it...good luck!!

Boney

Established Member
jspalmer01 said:
Anybody know what the factory part number is on the 1993 cobra cd players?

I have the one that was out of my daughters cobra that was stolen. It was out being repaired when the car was stolen from the dealership. I will look and see if it has a ford number on it somewhere.

Dave

jspalmer01

Established Member
Boney said:
I have the one that was out of my daughters cobra that was stolen. It was out being repaired when the car was stolen from the dealership. I will look and see if it has a ford number on it somewhere.

Dave

Thanks Boney....I would appreciate that. I have some friends in the OEM auto stereo repair business. Gonna see if I can find one.

martyo

Established Member
If I recall correctly, I got mine from www.westcoastradios.com

They send me a used one in really nice shape, but it was $$$. I think I paid like $300 shipped to my door.

Some my say I am crazy, but that is a drop in the bucket in what I have tied up in my cars. I might as well be on crack, it would probably cheaper and less addictive!

SRV1

Established Member
I have one from my friends 93 GT. I put it my 90 and it wants to keep ejecting the CD. I was told the wiring is different. Is this true? I know for a fact it was in perfect working order when it came out of my friends car. My 90 has the 6 speaker setup as well as my friends 93 GT. Any info?

James

martyo

Established Member
SRV1 said:
I have one from my friends 93 GT. I put it my 90 and it wants to keep ejecting the CD. I was told the wiring is different. Is this true? I know for a fact it was in perfect working order when it came out of my friends car. My 90 has the 6 speaker setup as well as my friends 93 GT. Any info?

James

The wiring should be the same. I assume when you installed it the plugs lined up. Try a different disc. The p;d school radios don't like home-made CDs. There is nothing in the wirirng that would cause a disc to eject.

Users who are viewing this thread