WTB Cobra R Splitter

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
The R splitter is just like ANY other body panel / fascia you would buy for ANY car. They come as manufactured, and need to be prepped and painted. If you find one, in the OEM box, you will be happy its not painted, as the finish would have not survived bouncing around in the box.

Michael Ruscica

Established Member
The R splitter is just like ANY other body panel / fascia you would buy for ANY car. They come as manufactured, and need to be prepped and painted. If you find one, in the OEM box, you will be happy its not painted, as the finish would have not survived bouncing around in the box.

True never thought of it like that, my search continues:)

gfcobra04

Established Member
Premium Member
I have two one in the stock spitter and one on the carbon fiber splitter. However I’m out of town. Try to take some pics to get dimensions to make something that works.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I have two one in the stock spitter and one on the carbon fiber splitter. However I’m out of town. Try to take some pics to get dimensions to make something that works.

I’m on a similar mission to make a bracket for my carbon fiber splitter. Seems fairly simple to replicate.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Where did you get the carbon splitter? Any pics?

There was a run many years ago. I did make contact with the owner of the mold and company that made them. He will make more - and the more we can make together the cheaper it will be. It will be in the $2000+ range. PM me if you are seriously interested. So far we have 3 people interested.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 106

SLOWBRA

Established Member
$2000 range for carbon fiber? Would they install the rear mounting brackets as well?

They don't provide the rear bracket. I'm going to fabricate something simple for mine, but that bracket makes the OEM splitter a pain to install. Quite honestly, since it's CF it doesn't flop around on the bottom - I'm considering either not using one or using a quick disconnect process.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Id be interested
OK. I've added you to the list. I think if we can get 1 more it would be worth going back to the shop and getting a quote. We really wanted to get 10 to get a really good price.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I've been trying for YEARS to get a carbon fiber splitter. Am I on the list?
You are now. I'm glad to say it looks like we now have 5 people seriously interested. I'll coordinate with my co-planner on this and chat about what we want to do.

Users who are viewing this thread