WTB Built Long/Short block 2014 GT500

scottGT500

Established Member
What caused it to let go? Did you change timing, did you put less octane in it (bad gas?)
I'm assuming it was those mods that caused the failure, any help from the shop that did the install

There is/was no reason that it let go...Van as well as L&M said it would have happened even if the car were 100% stock. My car happened to be modded...my luck! Lol

scottGT500

Established Member
I agree, if all you had was those Mods, then that block was going to go no matter what. Just curious, how much timing were you running?

I don't know...I was running a Lund 93 octane tune...the data log done after the mods were installed showed all to be ok...so you really REALLY just don't know...

I hate to spend all this coin on the motor...was going to use it for some other things...sux more than I can describe!!!

dirtychamba

Django
Established Member
dang that sucks..

I'm sure you can put it back to stock and have the warranty fix it....
I know plenty of people who have done that...

& when it is time to build my motor I will also most likely go with MMR which is real close to home...

scottGT500

Established Member
dang that sucks..

I'm sure you can put it back to stock and have the warranty fix it....
I know plenty of people who have done that...

& when it is time to build my motor I will also most likely go with MMR which is real close to home...

I tried that route... There 0 mod friendly dealerships in my area...

I need to make a decision soon lol...I haven't driven my car in almost 4 months!!!

dirtychamba

Django
Established Member
Not sure if I missed something but if you return completely to stock , upload stock tune and try driving the car or towing to the dealer where purchased then they'll have a hard time blaming a head gasket on a tune...

scottGT500

Established Member
Not sure if I missed something but if you return completely to stock , upload stock tune and try driving the car or towing to the dealer where purchased then they'll have a hard time blaming a head gasket on a tune...

I agree...but the gamble on it maybe NOT being a head gasket at time of diagnosis was a risk I wouldn't take..

dirtychamba

Django
Established Member
And let's say worst case scenario , they link it to tune, they'll just deny your warranty on engine stuff which is voided either way, I don't see must risk in them saying to beat it lol

BlueEyedSnake

Banned
It's not like they can arrest you or anything. They have to show you evidence of why they won't honor the damage under warranty. You just stick to your guns about the fact that you never modified the car and that's it. Most people self incriminate themselves, that's the problem. I say you put that bad boy back together and roll the dice. Shit, take it to a different dealership altogether. I know I've have warranty work done on my car in Florida and California. Either way good luck.

MattR

Established Member
I thought they could sleeve the spray bore engines? Wouldn't that save you some over a new block?

scottGT500

Established Member
image_zps6750a754.jpg

image_zps4413c72e.jpg

Last edited:

MattR

Established Member
I'm no machinist but when you sleeve a block they machine out a lot of material and install a cast sleeve that is bored and honed to size. I see no reason why your block is junk.

scottGT500

Established Member
I'm no machinist but when you sleeve a block they machine out a lot of material and install a cast sleeve that is bored and honed to size. I see no reason why your block is junk.

I agree. I was told that the re-sleeving eliminates the ports that are in the 5.8 cylinders itself...

What about the coating that is in the cylinders? Isn't it plasma or something?

breoland

Established Member
There is/was no reason that it let go...Van as well as L&M said it would have happened even if the car were 100% stock. My car happened to be modded...my luck! Lol

Wonder what the engineers from Svt would have to say about that

breoland

Established Member
I wouldn't call a pulley a tune and an off road x
Modding, those are basic

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread