WTB: Autograph Carroll Shelby air bag cover

BlueEyedSnake

Banned
I want to buy an authentic Carroll Shelby autographed passenger air bag cover for my 2011 GT500. Let me know if you have one or have a lead on one, thanks.

BlueEyedSnake

Banned
I know, FML! I want one, but not 10 fold bad. My wife told me an hour ago he died and I was in total shock. I didn't believe and had to look it up.

BigDan

Established Member
There is one for sale on ebay right now!

Current bid is $660 but reserve is not meet. Didn't they cost about $5-600 after everything + few months wait back when you could get them?

No way is the price going to increase anything close to ten fold. That would put the price of autographed GT500 airbag covers over $5,000. I dont think they are going to sell for and more then $1k which is less then double.

shelby autographed air bag | eBay

Last edited:

08KR525

Established Member
My advice would be let all the hype go away and wait till the 2013's start showing up. Guys will be removing all their mods to trade in their rides.

BlueEyedSnake

Banned
Thanks, I'm tracking that one on eBay and know the reserve. I might wait, but if I find a welll priced one I might jump on it. Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited:

mad mike

Im from the streets
Established Member
$3,000 and climbing. I guess you were wrong.
There is one for sale on ebay right now!

Current bid is $660 but reserve is not meet. Didn't they cost about $5-600 after everything + few months wait back when you could get them?

No way is the price going to increase anything close to ten fold. That would put the price of autographed GT500 airbag covers over $5,000. I dont think they are going to sell for and more then $1k which is less then double.

shelby autographed air bag | eBay

08KR525

Established Member
Man, I never would have guessed that there would be that much of a frenzy. It'll be interesting watching Shelbys at Barrett Jackson's upcoming auctions.

46-062

Established Member
Maybe you should try to get a Shelby-autographed SHELBY logo. That's really the only part of the GT500 Carroll had anything to do with.

By the way, do you know how easy it would be to fake Shelby's signature? Spending that kind of money without authentication would be plain stupid. By next week, the number of Shelby-signed items for sale will be ten times greater than all the things Shelby ever signed.

Last edited:

46-062

Established Member
Man, I never would have guessed that there would be that much of a frenzy. It'll be interesting watching Shelbys at Barrett Jackson's upcoming auctions.

He had essentially nothing to do with the standard GT500s and I bet the Shelby name continues to be licensed to Ford for use on a Mustang for a long, long time. I'll bet no change for regular GT500s.

The value of the new Mustangs that were actually modified by Shelby in Las Vegas and 289/427 Cobra rollers will go up as you can now longer buy a new GT350 or Shelby modded GT500s that was actually test driven by Shelby or buy a new 289/427 Cobra roller with Shelby's signature on the MSO.

If that stupid airbag cover is selling for $3,000, I expect all the ads for Cobra replicas and Shelby continuation cars (CSX4000, CSX6000, CSX7000, CSX8000 and the CSX9000 Superformance Daytona Coupe) with Shelby's signature on the glove box on CobraCountry.com will be yanked and raised $10,000.

Is there a Cobra replica of any manufacturer anywhere on the planet without a Shelby-signed glove box?

Last edited:

46-062

Established Member
I just asked the manager of my Walmart grocery to order a case of Chili Mix. I already have a silver marking pen.

E-bay, here I come.

sbrooks

Established Member
He had essentially nothing to do with the standard GT500s and I bet the Shelby name continues to be licensed to Ford for use on a Mustang for a long, long time. I'll bet no change for regular GT500s.

The value of the new Mustangs that were actually modified by Shelby in Las Vegas and 289/427 Cobra rollers will go up as you can now longer buy a new GT350 or Shelby modded GT500s that was actually test driven by Shelby or buy a new 289/427 Cobra roller with Shelby's signature on the MSO.

If that stupid airbag cover is selling for $3,000, I expect all the ads for Cobra replicas and Shelby continuation cars (CSX4000, CSX6000, CSX7000, CSX8000 and the CSX9000 Superformance Daytona Coupe) with Shelby's signature on the glove box on CobraCountry.com will be yanked and raised $10,000.

Is there a Cobra replica of any manufacturer anywhere on the planet without a Shelby-signed glove box?

He gave the car a thumbs up and allowed his name on the car believe me he liked the car and of course they made mods at Shelby American for another 30K

Users who are viewing this thread