WTB: 96-98 cobra in TX for daily driver. $5k max!

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Just as the title says. Looking for a clean 96-98 cobra for $5k or less in Texas... Preferably in the Houston area. I've seen a lot in that range but haven't found "THE" car yet. Also open to a clean Fox (coupe if possible but hatch is fine as well). I have a local 97 cobra I'm considering that I found through a buddy but its not a done deal yet so I'm posting this to make sure I don't find a better deal before I jump.

Just looking to drive the car as a daily and maybe eventually turn it into a toy down the road. Was gonna get a civic or something simple as a commuter but just cant see myself driving that. lol Ill pay the price in fuel to drive something i enjoy. My current toy is a blown 08 Widebody C6 with all the goodies and I have a bike as well so toys wise, I'm covered. The mustang I buy doesn't need to be heavily modded. Lowered on wheels with exhaust and audio would be nice but also not a must.

The 97 cobra I'm considering and will most likely buy this next week if i dont find anything else is white with black leather interior. It's a 5-spd car with 133k miles. Lowered, some suspensions mods, short throw, new clutch, cobra R's, etc. has a nice nitrous setup on it but its only on a 75 shot and rarely been sprayed. Clear title... Never wrecked. It's a clean car. Drivers seat and steering wheel show wear. The rest is clean. The guy wanted $5k but said he'd take $3200 (money bind and needs that amount to get out of it) for it which at first I thought was a STEAL (and maybe it is) but I've seen a few high mile cobras selling for in the $3-$5k range so maybe its an average price.

Lmk what y'all got and what you think of the price on the 97? If it seems legit price wise, ill just scoop it up and call it a done deal. Only concern is reliability with 133k miles. Seems to have been well taken care of but how many miles are y'all getting out of these things before needing work?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread