WTB: 4v engine for my 1998 cobra

howie8124

Established Member
A month ago I passed on a built up 4v motor fresh from MMR. Now I'm really on the hunt for a motor for the cobra. I posted a wanted as in the market section but all these motors are all across the country. So I'm reaching out to the local market to see of anyone has any leads on a new motor. If I don't find anything on the next few months ill probably end up sending mine to MMR in Janurary or February to have it back for next year!

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I have a complete 2003 Cobra stock longblock for sale. Includes everything oil pan to valve covers. Asking $4500 obo. I am located in CT.

Thanks
Dave

howie8124

Established Member
I have a complete 2003 Cobra stock longblock for sale. Includes everything oil pan to valve covers. Asking $4500 obo. I am located in CT.

Thanks
Dave

I'd love this motor but I'd need to sell my engine in the car now and keep the intake to free up some cash.

howie8124

Established Member
I'd go with either an Aluminator or that 03 Long block. Drop either one in and be done with it.
Or buy my whole 97 COBRA with 35k miles :beer:

I'm trying for this 03 longblock, I'd love your 97 but its to clean to drive all the time and I'd worry about it way too much.:beer:

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
jhow..there is a or was a fully forged 96-98 motor on CT craigslist for like 4k it was brand new, just done by mmr, it was a mmr900 i believe, wanted 4k it was complete. not bad if u buy that part out ur current blown one (worth more in parts than a whole) and then sell whatever you need from this new motor and ull b good.

howie8124

Established Member
jhow..there is a or was a fully forged 96-98 motor on CT craigslist for like 4k it was brand new, just done by mmr, it was a mmr900 i believe, wanted 4k it was complete. not bad if u buy that part out ur current blown one (worth more in parts than a whole) and then sell whatever you need from this new motor and ull b good.

There WAS such a motor... He since sold it, I'm kicking myself for not buying it. Keep your eyes open in ct for me? I'm searching high and low for a drop in like that. Or else I might just send mine over there to mmr

Users who are viewing this thread