WTB.....2014 GT 5.0 Borla Touring Axle-Backs

Coosawjack

Established Member
Have tried the "S-Types" and with my mods they were too LOUD......hopefully "Tourings" will be better.......IF I CAN FIND 'EM???

Cobrakit

Established Member
I have touring and they are just a little louder than gt500. Do you still have stock cats and resonators? I was thinking of trying sports.

Coosawjack

Established Member
I have Performance cats......3" H-Pipe.......Resonator Delete 3" over axle pipes.....finally KOOKS axle-backs!! This is the best sounding combination so far....the Magnaflow Streets were a little too quiet.....not sure the Borlas will sound any better but willing to try for the right price!!:)

I tried Borla Sports and they were just too loud around town but PERFECT at 75 MPH....unfortunately 90% of my driving is around town....UGH!!:(

Cobrakit

Established Member
My cars exhaust is stock otherwise, so all i can say is slighyly louder than gt500 on same car. I'm looking just to add a liitle volume. Guess i'm not ready to switch.

Coosawjack

Established Member
Wonder why there is such a price difference (Borlas are $163 more) and according to AM the FRPP Tourings are louder than the Borlas???

fishpick

Established Member
Wonder why there is such a price difference (Borlas are $163 more) and according to AM the FRPP Tourings are louder than the Borlas???

My understanding is (realize this is limited on most any subject) ;) -
The Borla version uses nicer "stuff" on the outside of the body can making it shiny - and - it's branded "Borla" not "FRPP by Borla"... and there maybe slight differences as Ford contracted Borla to make these... However - Ford has a volume advantage in terms of units sold, I'd imagine - so I think that's why they are cheaper overall.

All I know is the FRPP Tourings are rock solid, nothing "cheap" about them, not loud at all... but absolutely NO DRONE at all... great sound at idle or chugging along at low RPM's - gurgling burbling deep notes. Stomping on it - there's "sound" but it's NOT jet fighter or even close... these have that 50 state legal tag on them - so the sound police say "they are not loud".

Let me put it this way - I now feel comfortable jamming on the throttle with a supercharger and NOT feeling like I'm announcing I just did that across 3 counties.

If you want "loud" - you need to look elsewhere... if you want "deeper than stock, and just a tad louder - but nice rolled and polished tips on the rear" - then I would recommend the FRPP Tourings without hesitation... but do NOT expect volume - they are not loud pipes even when you are full into the throttle (but boy can you hear the supercharger whine now!)

Users who are viewing this thread