WTB: 2013/ 14 GT500 Engine

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
My borrowed time ran out on my 13 GT500 and sent a rod through the block.
Looking at my different options.. Anyone have a built motor/ sleeved 5.8 block they want to part ways with?
No rush (winter project.. in case you need to pull yours)

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry to hijack what were your mods that had you on burrowed time? Assuming you were on pump what power? Were you running it when it happened?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
Sorry to hijack what were your mods that had you on burrowed time? Assuming you were on pump what power? Were you running it when it happened?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

She was making 900+ to the tire for nearly 5 years... full bolt-ons including BPS ported, cut, welded blower, 2.4 upper, 15% lower, thump tensioner, bps idle, AR 2" primary into 3.5" collector longtubes into 3.5" O/R H pipe into Stainless Works catback.
ID 1300 injectors, KB dual Boost a pump, upgraded fuel filter and E85 (it blew while on brand new plugs and E85R)

Kenne Bell 168 throttle body and JLT 155 CF intake. Tuned by lund.

She finally let go while at the track during a midnight madness event ( nearly midnight, 42° weather on its 7th pass.... first time it's been to the track in over 3 years)

Let go just past the 1/8th when #1 and #5 rods snapped and seized the motor... doused the track with oil of course.

Users who are viewing this thread