WANTED: WTB- 2.9 Whipple for 2007-2012 GT500 new or used

Wingrider

Established Member
Trying to buy just the supercharger itself. Already have all the rest but if you have to sell the kit, I might be interested. Mine died on me and the mechanism may not be recoverable. Want to just swap in a replacement without any drama. Will need to be packed well heading to California if out of state. If within driving distance for me, I would consider picking it up. If out of the area, I'd want to pay for fast shipping.

Of course this has to be a completely working unit, no issues or "oh 1 thing about it...". Should be a take off that was absolutely working or one maybe that didn't get installed.

Funds in hand ready to buy and open to talk about what you have.

Thanks.

Wingrider

Established Member
whipple is on the 3.0s and 3.8s, running about 6-7 weeks on them, the vmp we could ship right away
Oh Hey- I've ordered from you guys before.

My first idea was to go with the 3.0 and I was stoked to do it. From what I've seen (contrary to what Whipple told me) the 3.0 is not a direct drop in to replace the 2.9 Whipple that came as part of my Ford Racing 750 kit. I sort of need drop in and go right now. Not ready to chase things like notching the hood or possibly lowering the engine. I don't think the CobraJet throttle body even bolts up to the 3.0 inlet.

So, I'll be doing the 3.0 later but the 2.9 for now and start looking at smaller a smaller pulley than the stock one. I am porting the lower intake and swapping the Ford Racing intercooler for the VMP 1" port version for now.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh Hey- I've ordered from you guys before.

My first idea was to go with the 3.0 and I was stoked to do it. From what I've seen (contrary to what Whipple told me) the 3.0 is not a direct drop in to replace the 2.9 Whipple that came as part of my Ford Racing 750 kit. I sort of need drop in and go right now. Not ready to chase things like notching the hood or possibly lowering the engine. I don't think the CobraJet throttle body even bolts up to the 3.0 inlet.

So, I'll be doing the 3.0 later but the 2.9 for now and start looking at smaller a smaller pulley than the stock one. I am porting the lower intake and swapping the Ford Racing intercooler for the VMP 1" port version for now.

2.9 Whipple's are hard to come by. And than most are suspect anyway.

Future proof now and just get a Gen3R head unit and swap everything over. I've always preferred the low end torque of the TVS for a pump gas, street car.

Users who are viewing this thread