WTB: 2.76/2.80 Upper Pulley and supporting mods

mustangbob

Established Member
Hey guys,

I am looking to start upgrading the cobra finally. I am looking at doing just an upper pulley swap currently and trying to get a pulley somewhere around 2.76 to 2.81 So I am primarily looking for a pulley but also any supporting mods for the swap including buying/renting a pulley puller and an unmarried SCT to name a few.

Thanks,

Bob

Last edited:

mustangbob

Established Member
No one has an upper pulley for stock eaton or pulley puller? Maybe my title makes it sound like I need everything at once but I am trying to piecemeal everything.

Jiffy

Established Member
I have a 2.8 pulley and an unmarried SCT X3 with the tune I used on my car (running 93 pump gas) which you should be able to use if you wanted, or get a tune done for your car. I upgraded to a 2.3 Whipple and used a new X4 so this X3 is surplus, and was used to "put the car back to stock" before the X4 was used so will be able to re-pair with 4 more cars.

I dunno what a fair price would be - $250 for X3 and pulley inc shipping?.

I don't have a belt but you should budget on getting a new one anyway. That's probably all you need to get running, plus a tune if you wanted. There is also a mod-sheet around that describes how to disable your over-boost control on the STD Cobra plumbing, I'll include that but you should be able to find it - doing this mod stops the boost being limited to about 10lbs and allows it to climb up to about 12lbs, your tuner will want to know that you're using it when he writes the tune.

Last edited:

oxfordcobra3

Established Member
I have a polished Accufab throttle body and plenum that would be a great upgrade to go with the smaller pulley.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Tyler06

Established Member
I dont know if you need a lower pulley system. But I have a 4lb lower full kit for sale if your interested.

Users who are viewing this thread