WTB: 1997 Rio Red/black hard top low mileage unmodified

68gtscode

Established Member
This car looks great and very reasonably priced in my opinion! Seems to be exactly what the OP was looking for...

Coincidentally I just bought a car in Colorado Springs a few weeks ago and had my brother swing by with his trailer to pick it up. Seems to be a good area for nice cars :)

Lutefisk4All

cobra w tag.jpg

JCDriller

Established Member
I'm picking up the 97 Cobra on Friday, needless to say, I'm very excited. This is a car I have been searching for for a long time and Bill is selling me what should be a perfect example. Just like it was mine, this car will be my son's first car, My son is 4.

68gtscode

Established Member
Congratulations on the car, it looks to be a really nice example. It’s also cool that it will go to your son down the road. I have a 4 year old daughter and 2 year old son, and am also starting to threaten my wife with buying Fox coupes for them... but I already have three mustangs so she’s not buying it!

JCDriller

Established Member
Ok guys, I can’t say enough about Bill and his 97 Cobra. This car is everything I was hoping to find and more! Bill had owned this car since it has 80 miles on the odometer, it’s got very light and absolutely correctable swirls in the paint (normal after 23 years) and one small nickel size dimple in the fender. Outside of that the interior looks Un-used.

I am so ecstatic about this car many more will come and go but this one will be with me or my son until I’m long gone!

I also just ordered a set of 1995 Cobra R repos with Nittos and found a set of authentic 1995 Cobra R center caps to top them off (wow they are expensive now!).

I’ll post a few photos in the roadside pup or the cobra suB-forum As I make mods, it’s a very limited list of bolt ons that will take this car back to my highschool days!

A227FFF0-BCCB-45AC-81DF-18C8820F4B87.jpeg
92913C34-B2DA-49C9-991C-510E43BE4BAA.jpeg
117DD142-864B-4DF5-B1A5-EFFAA147B6CD.jpeg
0FFE4290-38C8-4E73-9538-83FC7B467D7C.jpeg

Last edited:

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, that’s cool! I wish I could find a version of my dads high school-college car a 1965gt350. That garage looks top notch!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

JCDriller

Established Member
Thanks guys, it was an amazing deal. I can’t say enough about meeting Bill (the original owner since 97), such a good man. I’m thankful we had an hour to chat from the airport back to his house, really makes me appreciate the car that much more.

Thanks for the garage compliments Geoff, it would be fine if I had an accompanying shop. We’ve been looking for a larger piece of land/home to buy or build on, just haven’t found the right one yet.

Users who are viewing this thread