• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

WTB: 1986 GT &/or 87-93 LX. (Located in MD-Will travel up to 450 miles)

Discussion in 'Fox-Body Mustangs' started by 99MustangGTman, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Mpoitrast87

Mpoitrast87 Well-Known Member Established Member

Was the bullitt not what you expected or did you just get a good price to let it go? If you didnt buy that car then i was going to lol.

2. 99MustangGTman

99MustangGTman I have to return some video tapes... Established Member

I found out a lot of info from the 3rd owner. It has the Trick Flow 360hp Twisted Wedge top end kit. Which includes the upper/lower manifold, 170cc heads, Track Max stage 1 cam, TF 1.6 Roller Rockers, and a lot more.

Trick Flow® 360 HP Twisted Wedge® Top-End Engine Kits for Ford 5.0L TFS-K514-360-350

The car definitely needs a tune as it definitely doesn't feel as strong as it should. Very similar to how my buddy's 86 GT feels which has a 331 stroker with similar mods, but he has a Pro-M stand-alone ECU. I want the MegaSquirt ECU for mine. It definitely should feel a lot stronger after a tune. My WRX which ran 20.5lbs of boost, TBE, TMIC, all stock bottom end felt like it was not pulling it's weight. After I got it tuned and had a DW 265lph fuel pump installed it made 308/339 and felt like a completely different car. It was a turbo, AWD car, but the power numbers should be pretty close on the dyno for the Mustang after it's tuned.

3. suicidekings

suicidekings Garage Queen Established Member

When I bought it I had planned on daily driving it. After getting it there was a laundry list of things I wanted to change and at that point it was going to turn into a project... which I didn't want. Not that they were things that needed fixing but just not my preference. When I was at mustang week I put the car through its paces and the heat soak was something else... I wasn't a fan of that. For 650hp, it was fun but my fox feels more violent.... basically all those things and someone offering me a great amount, not having to worry about driving it back or shipping it back.... I decided to let it go.

Certainly wasn't the plan when I picked it up but all the circumstances... it was the best decision.