WTB 13/14 GT500 1:18 diecast

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm looking for a 1:18 13/4 GT500 diecast. I'm not to picky on color, but if you have a Sterling Gray one please let me know.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I'll be on the look out for one for you. I know there isn't a shipment of the Shelby Collectibles 2013 GT500s until 9/30/20. You might be able to find one on eBay, but I think there are only a couple on there now, but they are both damaged ones.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll be on the look out for one for you. I know there isn't a shipment of the Shelby Collectibles 2013 GT500s until 9/30/20. You might be able to find one on eBay, but I think there are only a couple on there now, but they are both damaged ones.
Yeah, i seriously never thought it would be so hard to get one.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Yeah, i seriously never thought it would be so hard to get one.

That is because they are now out of print. The vendor I was talking about that is getting a shipment is probably getting a small order and I can't be sure how many will be available for sale and how many have been pre-sold if that is how the vendor is doing it. I am only guessing here, but Shelby Collectibles probably stopped making the 2013 GT500 models because of extremely poor quality control. From what I can tell many of them were not made very well. A lot of the ones I see for sale have a lot of the plastic interior pieces fall off like the rearview mirror, headliner, sideview mirror, & windshield, and other various parts loosely connected or not properly glued on.

I'm not sure why they didn't just correct the batch, it might be due to lack of sales or something of that nature. I've personally been trying to find a black one with matte black stripes, but at this point, it's just kind of take what you can get.

Their 2013 Boss 302 looks really nice though and hopefully that model doesn't have any quality control issues.

If you're an owner of the same car though like yourself, it's a must-have though, so I totally get it. Just like how it took me forever to find a Welly 1:18 1986 Mustang GT. I have a couple that cost me $15 back when they were sold in stores, but now they are insanely rare and sell for $200-$250+ if you can find it, but since I had an 86' GT I just had to have the model.

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
That is because they are now out of print. The vendor I was talking about that is getting a shipment is probably getting a small order and I can't be sure how many will be available for sale and how many have been pre-sold if that is how the vendor is doing it. I am only guessing here, but Shelby Collectibles probably stopped making the 2013 GT500 models because of extremely poor quality control. From what I can tell many of them were not made very well. A lot of the ones I see for sale have a lot of the plastic interior pieces fall off like the rearview mirror, headliner, sideview mirror, & windshield, and other various parts loosely connected or not properly glued on.

I'm not sure why they didn't just correct the batch, it might be due to lack of sales or something of that nature. I've personally been trying to find a black one with matte black stripes, but at this point, it's just kind of take what you can get.

Their 2013 Boss 302 looks really nice though and hopefully that model doesn't have any quality control issues.

If you're an owner of the same car though like yourself, it's a must-have though, so I totally get it. Just like how it took me forever to find a Welly 1:18 1986 Mustang GT. I have a couple that cost me $15 back when they were sold in stores, but now they are insanely rare and sell for $200-$250+ if you can find it, but since I had an 86' GT I just had to have the model.
Yup, I have a 03 cobra, 08 GT500, 2010 super snake GT500 and a 2000 cobra R, so a 2013 GT500 would go perfectly with them.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I definitely understand man. Just an FYI, after looking at completed sales on eBay, the Shelby Collectibles 2013 GT500 sells on average for around $120. I feel like I used to see more on eBay, even a month or two ago, but of course now that i'm trying to find one, the only one for sale is a damaged one lol.

blue 07

Established Member
Ive been looking for years for a Deep Impact Blue one and never even seen one

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I've contacted a major diecast seller and they have a shipment incoming 9/30/20. I emailed them since I thought the 2013 GT500 was out of print, and they told it was only what their U.S. distributor has told them and nothing is final until the shipment is in their warehouse. Although this is promising, I am still questionable about the validity of this. The only thing I can do is wait until 9/30/20 to see if this shipment actually comes into their warehouse. It is possible this is a left-over supply another party has and this diecast seller is receiving the supply, but I really don't know.

For anyone interested, I can get the Shelby Collectible's Boss 302, in GHIG, PW, RR, GB, and SBY. I don't have many left in any color. Maybe 4-5 in each color, and none shipping until the end of September.

dbrennancobra

Established Member
I've contacted a major diecast seller and they have a shipment incoming 9/30/20. I emailed them since I thought the 2013 GT500 was out of print, and they told it was only what their U.S. distributor has told them and nothing is final until the shipment is in their warehouse. Although this is promising, I am still questionable about the validity of this. The only thing I can do is wait until 9/30/20 to see if this shipment actually comes into their warehouse. It is possible this is a left-over supply another party has and this diecast seller is receiving the supply, but I really don't know.

For anyone interested, I can get the Shelby Collectible's Boss 302, in GHIG, PW, RR, GB, and SBY. I don't have many left in any color. Maybe 4-5 in each color, and none shipping until the end of September.

Im interested. Message me

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
i kick myself for not grabbing them (and Boss 302) when i had the chance for $50!

You can get the Boss 302s now. They have made another run of them available in every color combo. I've seen them selling for $60-$62 + shipping on eBay. I bought my GHIG Boss 302 for $60, but I paid too much for shipping, since it was the first retailer to acquire the shipment and post all color combos for sale. I'm picking up an Anson Dodge Ram Dually or a Greenlight 1973 Ford F-100 to hook up to my GMP diecast trailer w/tire rack to place my Boss 302 on and create a diorama with some jack stands and an air compressor from another model case I have that I plan to place in a glass cabinet for display.

Anyone interested in Shelby Collectibles 2013 GT500...

I just wanted to say for anyone interested in the 2013 GT500s. The retailer I talked to has said their distributor is aiming for a due date of 10/31/20. Honestly I am not hopeful though because they also told me previously 9/30/20 and then pushed it back a month when the distributor failed to send a shipment. So if 10/31 comes and the date gets pushed to 11/30/20 I really don't believe this shipment will ever come through. The only reason I believe this retailer most likely could get this shipment at all is because they are only offering the model in black w/ red stripes, which leads me to believe this is a leftover stock from another retailer. I will keep everyone apprised of the situation since I know several people have messaged me about trying to acquire this certain model.

If anyone wants this model that badly, there are two on eBay right now, black w/ red stripes for $150, and a white one w/ blue stripes for $125. Way too expensive IMO for a model that is no where near GMP/Acme quality. I understand people are buying certain color combos because it's the same as the actual car they have. If you're a diecast collector, this is not a $125 model IMO, not to say I don't want this model near the price I paid for my Boss 302.

Last edited:

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Just to update everyone. The receive by date is now 11/30/20. I have now lost hope that this order will actually ever come in and it just constantly gets pushed back at the end of the month, month after month.

Interestingly enough, some private seller on eBay has posted at least 6-7 different color combos of this model new in the box for the great value of $150. If you're desperate enough, I guess you could pick up one of those if it's the same color combo as your car.

Last edited:

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I saw them. Kinda expensive but I will prob buy one .. ha

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Yeah, they are just a little more than I would want to spend, but I would get it if it's the same color combo as the GT500 I own. I remember I sold a few Welly 1986 GTs on eBay only last summer and because they are so rare and the only 1:18 scale 1986 GT made, I sold one for $190 and the other for $205. I already have one still, but if I didn't, since I owned that car, I would be inclined to pay a lot for that model in the same color as my actual car.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I was also looking at those and would not mind getting my color GT500 even though its not the right stripe combo but these are all 7 day auctions starting at $150. I will see where its at when nearing auctions end but do not really want to pay that much or more.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I am not sure why the seller didn't put down a $100 bid with a $150 BIN or $175 BIN OBO. Just speaking logistically since he has 24 different 1:18 scale Shelby Collectibles models with 7 of them being 2013 GT500s. If he has 24 Shelby Collectible models I know he paid way less than $100 per car and is looking to probably get at least double, if not triple his profit, but it's supply and demand and it's a seller's market right now unfortunately. Historically they've sold for around $120 BIN since they've been out of print.

Before the new round of Boss 302s came out, they were selling for about $100-$120. I actually almost bought one, but i'm glad I lost the bid at the last moment and then found out a new batch was made that lowered the price in half. Unfortunately with the 2013 GT500s they're out of print, so the price isn't going to be coming down with a new batch release. You'll just have to get lucky on eBay or be willing to pay a lot. The only possibility is that a retailer receives a leftover stash from another retailer looking to move stock via a distributor, which was what I was hoping was going to happen, but I don't think that will come to fruition like I thought.

These are models for owners of the actual car or just a Mustang 1:18 diecast collector who wants this particular model in his collection. The 1:18 diecast models have shot up in price over the past few months. I used to buy a slew of 1999 Maisto 1:18 Mustang models for about $15-$25 in any condition, do a few simple mods or re-paint them and then resell them and double my profit margin or more, but it's not profitable on the 2013 GT500 models if you're looking to flip them. I never understood why another diecast company didn't make the 2013/2014 GT500s since at the time is was the most powerful Mustang ever built.

Last edited:

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Have you tried the Carrol Shelby Store or website.
I purchased one at the actual store in Vegas when I was down there on vacation last year. I think My wife paid $50 buck for a black 1:18 scale 13-14 GT500. Cant believe what some people are charging for these thing? It isn't like they're made from the Franklin Mint collection?

Users who are viewing this thread