WTB: '11-'14 5.0 Vert w/ manual transmission

wrc7732

03 SB SVT Cobra
Established Member
I'm ready to get back in the Mustang game. I sold my Termi Vert a few years back, and I've missed it ever since.

Looking to buy a 2011 - 2014 GT Convertible, with a manual transmission.

I'm not particularly picky on color combo or options (although the wife loves the grabber blue), but must be a GT, Convertible, and stick shift. I prefer stock, but some mods may be considered. Mainly suspension, wheels, exhaust, etc. Not looking for any crazy turbo kit cars or anything like that. It's going to be my daily driver, so it needs to be rock solid reliable.

I'm flexible on price, but I'm not interested in paying any more than private party book value. As I'm also going to have to pay 6.5% reg tax here in GA.

I'd prefer something I can see and drive prior to purchase, so local is best. I live and work in the North Metro Atlanta, GA area.

I've been looking through the posts of other members, but I haven't seen any verts, with manual trans that have peaked my interest.

Let me know what you've got.

Will

Last edited:

...Mark...

Established Member
I'm local but i'm not selling mine.. I got mine private party too before they switched up the ad valorem so i didn't have to pay the sales tax either..lol

I'll keep an eye out, but be warned. I went to TX to get mine last november. There are tons of 6 banger verts out there, and a few auto V8's but the manuals were a pain to source locally. That's why i got mine out of state.

BTW i had a bad experience w/ sandy plains ford so if you deal with them be careful.. They do have a huge inventory though.

Last edited:

wrc7732

03 SB SVT Cobra
Established Member
BTW i had a bad experience w/ sandy plains ford so if you deal with them be careful.. They do have a huge inventory though.

I too, had a bad experience with them. I'm assuming you meant Sandy Springs Ford. I'm very unhappy with them. I've been debating filing a complaint with the BBB.

I was looking to buy a BOSS 302 last year, had the deal all worked out, when my wife decided, "you know what? I want to have another baby." I backed out of the deal, so her and I could "discuss", and now we have baby number 2 here. :).

Come to find out the jerks at the dealership thought it'd be funny to run my credit 6 times through different creditors, I guess because they were pissed that I backed out.

I won't even go in that place to look at a car.

Car dealers sure know how to earn their slimy reputation. Grrrr......

Last edited:

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I have a 2012 GT Premium with 6spd vert with the Brembo pkg. It has the electronics pkg, cold weather, dual power seats, and something else. 77xx miles just had the dealer change the oil today. I love the car and it is garage kept and flawless. It also has a Ford bumper to bumper platinum 72 mo 42,000 mile warranty. The only reason I am considering selling it is I am buying another house and my commute will be close to 150 miles a day so I want to upgrade my daily to something nicer. I would take KBB trade in for it.
This car is as nice as it was when it left the showroom and there is no issues or disappointments.
Day2090.jpg
"]
Day2090.jpg
[/URL]

061.jpg
"]
061.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:

wrc7732

03 SB SVT Cobra
Established Member
I have a 2012 GT Premium with 6spd vert with the Brembo pkg. It has the electronics pkg, cold weather, dual power seats, and something else. 77xx miles just had the dealer change the oil today. I love the car and it is garage kept and flawless. It also has a Ford bumper to bumper platinum 72 mo 42,000 mile warranty. The only reason I am considering selling it is I am buying another house and my commute will be close to 150 miles a day so I want to upgrade my daily to something nicer. I would take KBB trade in for it.

[ATTACH=full]477984[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]477985[/ATTACH]

PM'd

Attachments

• Day2090.jpg
    Day2090.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 061.jpg
    061.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 14

...Mark...

Established Member
Cliff notes...

I was buying a 13 car for my boss. I came to terms with the sales rep and he turned me onto the finance guy. The finance guy printed off the docs for me to fedex to my boss. I reviewed the docs prior to sending them to my boss and the payment was significantly higher than it should have been based on the dollar amount financed, the loan term agreed upon, and the interest rate disclosed. Granted i agreed to additional coverage's, but the dollar amount that the finance guy told me those coverage's would cost when added to what the payment should have been based upon the dollar amount, loan term, and interest rate disclosed didn't line up i called bullshit and attempted to back out. And we are not talking about being off by $50 or less. They were off by about $150 (higher).

When i called the sales guy, he played dumb and put it on the finance guy but i'm sure one hand knew what the other was doing. When i complained to the sales guy he literally said to me "due to the fact that this transaction has gone bad, i would rather not sell you the car than sell it to you and you hit us(the dealership) on Ford's customer service satisfaction survey that they conduct post sale.." I was shocked when i heard this. Reason being is that like i said i was buying the car for my boss. It was a company car being bought under the company. We have a fleet of vehicles. This could have lead to future sales... Anyway we backed out and we bought a 13 track pack car from a dealer in AL that took care of us. I bought my car private party a couple months later. It took several calls and me contacting the GM directly to get the deposit returned (2-3 weeks later). I will never deal with them again and i will steer anyone i know who is the market for a ford to stay the **** away as well...

They may have one of the biggest mustang inventories in the SE but they are shady as hell and they will never get my money.. I never contacted the BBB as i technically wasn't the buyer but the thought did cross my mind.

The business they lost...

15254_607647822580032_354749033_n.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread