WTB: 03/04 Cobra locally

R3dn3k Flyby

Vivid Racing
Established Member
I've seen the usual suspects on Craigslist and Autotrader....

Checking in to see if anyone local has been considering selling theirs but hasn't put an ad up yet.

Also, is anyone familiar with the car found here: 2003 Cobra on Autotrader link

Had an appointment with the owner of that Cobra yesterday, but he wasn't able to make it. Called him today, but haven't had a response back.

Trying to line up a car by the middle of next week:beer:

R3dn3k Flyby

Vivid Racing
Established Member
For the right price I may sell mine,..

Can you give me some details on yours?

The one problem I can see is that you'd have to come to Tacoma to sell the car. My bank requires myself and the current owner to come in and sign papers on a private party sale.

vr4_007

Established Member
Thats no problem, esp at my full asking price. 24K
If I put it back to stock, Id like to get 1K down, and take over payments. The payoff is somewhere in the 18K range?

My current situation is this. I am looking at buying my first property, so I have decided to either let go of the Cobra all together, or part out the mods (for my down payment) or both.

Here you can see the main mods currently on the car that are for sale.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...nterest-whipple-2-3-all-supporting-modds.html

Also included with the car but not mentioned in that particular ad is a MGW short throw shifter, SLP LM1 exhaust with welded in Flowmaster Super 44's, and an OR H pipe, 10.5 matching rear with 315 BFG's I think, Steering Colum boost gauge, Pioneer Nav/GPS system with Sirius connection.

Just installed a Spec # clutch with an upgraded input shaft. The Clutch is really aggressive, if we meet up I will show you. Its either in or its out no inbetween. I have about 600 miles on the new clutch setup.
The Car is Dark Shadow Grey

The bad, lets see...57K miles? The hood needs to be repainted, it has that paint issue that Ford made a TSB about and I dont have any #s for it yet. We had a really bad Winter this year so Im just bringing it out. But I figure 575-615 HP at the 19lbs of boost on a very conservative tune.

Again,.. I dont really consider my car to be "For Sale" in the sense that Im not advertising it, but for the 24K Id happily let it go so I can persue my investment.

If that is too much, let me know what your range is. I have a few friends in the North West who are not a part of any forums yet have 03/04 Cobras.

R3dn3k Flyby

Vivid Racing
Established Member
Thats no problem, esp at my full asking price. 24K
If I put it back to stock, Id like to get 1K down, and take over payments. The payoff is somewhere in the 18K range?

My current situation is this. I am looking at buying my first property, so I have decided to either let go of the Cobra all together, or part out the mods (for my down payment) or both.

Here you can see the main mods currently on the car that are for sale.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...nterest-whipple-2-3-all-supporting-modds.html

Also included with the car but not mentioned in that particular ad is a MGW short throw shifter, SLP LM1 exhaust with welded in Flowmaster Super 44's, and an OR H pipe, 10.5 matching rear with 315 BFG's I think, Steering Colum boost gauge, Pioneer Nav/GPS system with Sirius connection.

Just installed a Spec # clutch with an upgraded input shaft. The Clutch is really aggressive, if we meet up I will show you. Its either in or its out no inbetween. I have about 600 miles on the new clutch setup.
The Car is Dark Shadow Grey

The bad, lets see...57K miles? The hood needs to be repainted, it has that paint issue that Ford made a TSB about and I dont have any #s for it yet. We had a really bad Winter this year so Im just bringing it out. But I figure 575-615 HP at the 19lbs of boost on a very conservative tune.

Again,.. I dont really consider my car to be "For Sale" in the sense that Im not advertising it, but for the 24K Id happily let it go so I can persue my investment.

If that is too much, let me know what your range is. I have a few friends in the North West who are not a part of any forums yet have 03/04 Cobras.

It might be easier to chat via email since I apparently can't email or pm you on here. Not sure if I need more posts for that?

[email protected] is my email. Shoot me one from your email and we can discuss your car further. Would also be interested in hearing what your friends have for sale.

R3dn3k Flyby

Vivid Racing
Established Member
I can PM him, so it must be at least 25 posts for PM (spammers).

Makes sense.

Doubt you remember, but I met you a few years back up in Mount Vernon. I'm friends with Aaron who has the Lightning and the Skittle (He had an Evo at the time), Peter with the red Porsche, and Jasin with the blue GTO. I'm also friends with Matt that's building the turbo 5.0.

On another note, I'm checking out the Oxford White Cobra today. If it's as clean as the owner says it is then I'll probably be buying it.

vr4_007

Established Member
Tyler, thanks. But Looks like I will not be selling my car. Had some Issues with my FHA loan and "out of state" issues on a home loan so I will just keep the car.

To the OP I applogize and I will notify you if plans change. But for the time being, Im just gonna hold on to it.

R3dn3k Flyby

Vivid Racing
Established Member
Tyler, thanks. But Looks like I will not be selling my car. Had some Issues with my FHA loan and "out of state" issues on a home loan so I will just keep the car.

To the OP I applogize and I will notify you if plans change. But for the time being, Im just gonna hold on to it.

It's all good. Looks like I'll be buying one tomorrow anyway.

The Autotrader link is no longer good I guess, but it's a 2003 Cobra in Oxford White. 56k on the clock. At 52k it had a pulley, clutch, flywheel, tune up, and tune done. With a mild custom tune it made 435whp/450wtq. It's also got some suspension work done and it's rollin on 18" Saleen wheels with 275's in the front and 305's in the rear. Test drove it yesterday, paperwork is being processed today, and I should be signing the loan stuff on it tomorrow around 3.

Users who are viewing this thread