WTB: 03/04 Cobra Coupe - Cash - No Bullshit

bstang18

Established Member
I've been in the market for years, the last three months has been a search and I still have cash in hand. I am tired of bullshit sellers. I don't bullshit when I want to buy or sell, so I don't know why the market is flooded with D-heads.

Im looking for an 03/04 Coupe ONLY. Black, Sonic Blue, Torch Red, Competition Orange. In that order since CO carries that tax.

Do not post, PM or contact me about your car if it doesn't fit the criteria. Don't waste my time, I don't appreciate it.

UNDER 70K miles
UNDER $19,000
Clean/Clear title
No accidents
Clean interior & exterior
No Junk
Not currently interested If you are 1800+ miles away from Raleigh, NC

Thanks.

VA-Mach1

Established Member
Because most people do feeler, gauging interest, or thinking about selling threads in hopes of finding someone to over pay for what they have instead of setting a reasonable price that would sell.

Hang in with it and you will find a honest seller.

Cobrauh

Established Member
Yea, anyone listing a 03 for more than 18-20k isn't serious. The car is coming on 13 years old. Few exceptions I suppose, but most don't fit them.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Tell that to the folks with the 22 year old cobras. They are getting mid to high teens for them in good shape. These cars may be getting old but they are pulling good money because the demand is still there and it looks like year after year they are getting more sought after. The only thing that sucks is the banks don't see that value and have a hard time loaning money on a car this old. Good luck OP with your search, I will be in the same boat in a year or so, there have not been any good ones in the Raleigh area for sale.

Boosted02gt

Established Member
Tell that to the folks with the 22 year old cobras. They are getting mid to high teens for them in good shape. These cars may be getting old but they are pulling good money because the demand is still there and it looks like year after year they are getting more sought after. The only thing that sucks is the banks don't see that value and have a hard time loaning money on a car this old. Good luck OP with your search, I will be in the same boat in a year or so, there have not been any good ones in the Raleigh area for sale.

I just bought my Terminator for $20,000 through a credit union. No issue getting the loan. They charged a little extra % due to age but it was 3.74% so I cannot complain about that. Also, depending on the build there are plenty of 03 cobras that are worth $18K and up.

bstang18

Established Member
Been looking for a while. Sad thing is people say they are selling their car and then decide to be inconsiderate. I always say, its your car, you can sell it or not, to me or not, for a price you want or not. Not my car to tell you to sell it to me and for what price and under what conditions. Seems like the type of people around lately, especially with these cars are getting worse and worse. Its always nice to find someone that is similar when you're buying and selling.

When I sold my Mach I spent four hours the night before and washed, detailed inside, out, and engine, conditioned the seats and all. Im not looking to have someone treat me exactly the way I do. But I mean is it so hard to be decent?! - Rant over. One day Ill get my dream cobra one day and pay what I want, or not even care. Till then, the search continues.

bstang18

Established Member
I just bought my Terminator for $20,000 through a credit union. No issue getting the loan. They charged a little extra % due to age but it was 3.74% so I cannot complain about that. Also, depending on the build there are plenty of 03 cobras that are worth $18K and up.

There are plenty of cars, just not what I'm looking for, a lot of verts, a lot of decent and good deals actually. I have cash, no bank, no wife, no parents, and currently can travel at any moment, so nothing at all holding back, other than the plethora of poor sellers in the market.. Ive experienced it almost every car I bought except for two. Makes me like dealerships more, and thats saying something...

Cobrauh

Established Member
Yes, Cobra's have always held good resell value. But trying to get 20k+ for one isn't a sell price. It's a suckers price. And there will always be exceptions. As far as finding financing. It's not hard really. As long as you have good DTI ratio, nice score, and go with a credit union. You can get a loan in less than 10 minutes over the phone.

89TTA

Established Member
I've been stood up by cash buyers with money in hand 3 times in the last month. One had his gf (supposedly) text me and say he was leaving the bank and only lived 45 min away. 2 of the 3 completely disappeared and the third claimed financing was the problem. All members here, so it isn't just sellers.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Yes, Cobra's have always held good resell value. But trying to get 20k+ for one isn't a sell price. It's a suckers price. And there will always be exceptions. As far as finding financing. It's not hard really. As long as you have good DTI ratio, nice score, and go with a credit union. You can get a loan in less than 10 minutes over the phone.

Lol not true with the 20k comment clean, well taken care of ones will always command a premium these are getting harder to find. May as well tell people with 67 Fastbacks or GT500's since there so old prices for those are sucker prices. Anyway GL OP they are out there just be patient and you will fine one.

Cobrauh

Established Member
Lol not true with the 20k comment clean, well taken care of ones will always command a premium these are getting harder to find. May as well tell people with 67 Fastbacks or GT500's since there so old prices for those are sucker prices. Anyway GL OP they are out there just be patient and you will fine one.

Not true as well. Cobra's have always been "hard to find." That's always baked into the price. You can buy an 01 clean for 8k. 03's are overpriced. As far as them being hard to find. They are all over the place. There is one posted right now, an 2004 (not even an 03) with 46k miles, from a dealer for 19,900. Extremely clean. Desired color as well. And that's from a dealer. So yes 20k is top price, with few exceptions that can go for a bit higher. Anyone buying one over those prices is getting hood winked. You really shouldn't pay more than 18k. With high miles, 14-15k. Depending on how well kept it is. But I can understand someone forking up another 2k if everything lines up perfect for the buyer. And that can happen from time to time.

http://www.iseecars.com/used_cars-t5989-used-ford-mustang-svt-cobra-for-sale#id=100177331977

There is the link if anyone is interested. If I had not already just bought my 01 this past week, I would be very interested in that car (assuming title checks out). But I won't be in the market for an 03-04 for at least a year or year & 1/2 anyway.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Not true as well. Cobra's have always been "hard to find." That's always baked into the price. You can buy an 01 clean for 8k. 03's are overpriced. As far as them being hard to find. They are all over the place. There is one posted right now, an 2004 (not even an 03) with 46k miles, from a dealer for 19,900. Extremely clean. Desired color as well. And that's from a dealer. So yes 20k is top price, with few exceptions that can go for a bit higher. Anyone buying one over those prices is getting hood winked. You really shouldn't pay more than 18k. With high miles, 14-15k. Depending on how well kept it is. But I can understand someone forking up another 2k if everything lines up perfect for the buyer. And that can happen from time to time.

http://www.iseecars.com/used_cars-t5989-used-ford-mustang-svt-cobra-for-sale#id=100177331977

There is the link if anyone is interested. If I had not already just bought my 01 this past week, I would be very interested in that car (assuming title checks out). But I won't be in the market for an 03-04 for at least a year or year & 1/2 anyway.

2001 and 03-04 Cobra's are totally different cars. Clean ones are harder to find when it comes to 03-04's due to a lot being modded and ragged out. You have your opinion but you just sound pissed cause 03-04 Cobra values have held steady and you have to wait another year or two to get one.

Cobrauh

Established Member
2001 and 03-04 Cobra's are totally different cars. Clean ones are harder to find when it comes to 03-04's due to a lot being modded and ragged out. You have your opinion but you just sound pissed cause 03-04 Cobra values have held steady and you have to wait another year or two to get one.

03-04's aren't worth over 20k.

dbrennancobra

Established Member
You guys don't know what the he'll you are talking about. These ARE desirable and WILL continue to increase in value. If you need to finance a collectible car, you should probably not buy it. Go back to riding you're huffy, and your late to class, get going so you don't get a detention.

Users who are viewing this thread