WS6 Kill

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
Wahhoooo:D I'm still shaking from this kill fellas....

Let me set the stage -

It's Friday afternoon, I'm on my way home from work minding my own business... I pull up to this light in the left hand lane and low and behold - there's a WS6 sitting right next to me. I'm looking over at him just to see what he's up too... but nothing. He wouldn't look back. At this point, I figure he's minding his own business as well. So, here I am - jamming to some Rage Against the Machine (Know Your Enemy) watching the light at the opposite side of the intersection to try and time my light and I notice that when the light was turning yellow, he let's of his breaks and started to roll forward as he reved his engine. So I went from :) to :uh oh: - he want's to go! Light turns green and he nails it. Instantly he put appx 1/2+ car length on me ('cause I wasn't ready...) so I matted it. I thought I was going to push the gas pedal through my floor...

It's about 35 degrees here so guess what happens next - wheel hop. I had to let off a little 'til my tires caught. Once my tires caught, it was over. I hit second gear at appx. 6,500 RMPS and immediately put 1+ car lengths on him. I ran second all the way to the rev limiter (I couldn't hear my engine since the music was so loud - looks like I need a shift light). At this point we're doing about 80 so I shut it down. He was appx. 2 car lengths behind me at this point. I think that he was still racing 'cause next thing I know he flies by me doing about 100. We get up to the next light and he rolls down his window and holds up the peace sign. I look over at him and give him a :thumbsup:

It was a good race. I know that at some point I'll have to give him another shot at the '03 since he lives close by (I've seen him around before). Next time - I'll be ready and hopefully win by more than just ~1 or 2 car lenghts.

God I love my 03... :beer:

Peace,

Stangfan

Last edited:

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Good kill! I love smoking WS6's!! And before the LS1 crowd weighs in here saying it wasn't fair 'cause he was probably stock, YADA YADA YADA..... A KILL IS A KILL!

2000-S6

Established Member
stangfan-
nice kill.
yeah, your race sounds about right (1-2 cars). i have yet to race an 03, but i'd obviously lose, being just about stock. i don't get too many chances to race mine, but i do occasionally.
have you raced any other ws6's or ss's?

1 BA SVT

your momma likes it
Established Member
shocked.gif
3gears.gif
You peed your pants didn't you?:D

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
Hey '1 BA SVT'. You bet I peed my pants. But, not as bad as you would if you sat next to me at a light:coolman:

I'm ready when you are...

We were supposed to 'go' in December;-)

Last edited:

1 BA SVT

your momma likes it
Established Member
Originally posted by stangfan
Hey '1 BA SVT'. You bet I peed my pants. But, not as bad as you would if you sat next to me at a light:coolman:

I'm ready when you are...

We were supposed to 'go' in December;-)

We were going to go in December but, oh wait that's right I was getting my new heads put on.

And you're right I would pee my pants with you next to me at a light, but it would be cause I was laughing so hard at you trying to find 2nd gear. "Wait I know it's around here( grind, grind grind) somewhere."
party048.gif

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by stangfan
Wahhoooo:D I'm still shaking from this kill fellas....

Let me set the stage -

It's Friday afternoon, I'm on my way home from work minding my own business... I pull up to this light in the left hand lane and low and behold - there's a WS6 sitting right next to me. I'm looking over at him just to see what he's up too... but nothing. He wouldn't look back. At this point, I figure he's minding his own business as well. So, here I am - jamming to some Rage Against the Machine (Know Your Enemy) watching the light at the opposite side of the intersection to try and time my light and I notice that when the light was turning yellow, he let's of his breaks and started to roll forward as he reved his engine. So I went from :) to :uh oh: - he want's to go! Light turns green and he nails it. Instantly he put appx 1/2+ car length on me ('cause I wasn't ready...) so I matted it. I thought I was going to push the gas pedal through my floor...

It's about 35 degrees here so guess what happens next - wheel hop. I had to let off a little 'til my tires caught. Once my tires caught, it was over. I hit second gear at appx. 6,500 RMPS and immediately put 1+ car lengths on him. I ran second all the way to the rev limiter (I couldn't hear my engine since the music was so loud - looks like I need a shift light). At this point we're doing about 80 so I shut it down. He was appx. 2 car lengths behind me at this point. I think that he was still racing 'cause next thing I know he flies by me doing about 100. We get up to the next light and he rolls down his window and holds up the peace sign. I look over at him and give him a :thumbsup:

It was a good race. I know that at some point I'll have to give him another shot at the '03 since he lives close by (I've seen him around before). Next time - I'll be ready and hopefully win by more than just ~1 or 2 car lenghts.

God I love my 03... :beer:

Peace,

Stangfan

i know what you mean by another shot at your 03.i'am in the same boat with a local guy who has a 98-01 ls1 camaro as we will have to run them again once it gets warm outside as all i could muster from our 2 runs was wheel hop and some spin as it was like you around the mid 30's outside.i'am ready for spring:whine:

SmithAtlanta

Established Member
1 BA SVT and Stangfan, I think it's time for a showdown......... I've seen both of your dynos and I know 1 BA SVT has no excuses..... When are you guys gonna race? I'll trail behind as an officiator. :)

1 BA SVT

your momma likes it
Established Member
Originally posted by SmithAtlanta
1 BA SVT and Stangfan, I think it's time for a showdown......... I've seen both of your dynos and I know 1 BA SVT has no excuses..... When are you guys gonna race? I'll trail behind as an officiator. :)

My predictions: from a dig----stangfan--winner 1 BA SVT --desperatly needing tires after spinning through the top of 3rd.

from a roll-----stangfan--loser 1 BA SVT--4 car lengths

these are just my predictions.:)

SmithAtlanta

Established Member
It could be more interesting from a dig since he is having wheel hop problems........

4 car lengths from a roll(40mph - 120mph) :eek:

I gotta see it to believe it. You do have about 40 horses on him, though.

1 BA SVT

your momma likes it
Established Member
Originally posted by SmithAtlanta
It could be more interesting from a dig since he is having wheel hop problems........

4 car lengths from a roll(40mph - 120mph) :eek:

I gotta see it to believe it. You do have about 40 horses on him, though.

It's more than 40 now, plus I make more torque than he does. Wait til I get my 42# injectors and finally get the car tuned 500+ at the wheels not to shabby for a stock 5.0 bottom end.

And you're forgetting I can shift, stangfan is still learning.

Last edited:

SmithAtlanta

Established Member
I can't knock anything you have said.....all true. I guess we gotta get Stangfan to get that pulley, chip and exhaust to make it at least a little more interesting. :)

Users who are viewing this thread